Does it matter?

My husband always said he wanted to go first, I would cope better he said as I am an organiser by nature… how wrong he was.
Yes, all our finances are in order, it will safeguard our home which remains a place we both reside in, the holidays so far are revisits to places we did together but I have my first solo adventure coming up. Concerts too have been mainly ‘revisits’ but some new artists that I’m sure has my husband smiling. I’m grateful that he had such faith about my coping mechanisms but he will have found that I only cope because I have faith he walks beside me on my journey. I want my man to be proud of the woman I am because of him.

I think yes, material things do matter. They can bring you immense comfort. Before my dad passed (not expected as it was sudden), he brought me a new car…a gift of us love…not that I needed one but when he did pass that car has meant the world to me. Every trip out in it, I think of my dad and how hard he worked all his life and I proud I am of him. He is with me behind the wheel of that car and everywhere I go in it making memories.
I redecorated my home and bought new things, not because of material wealth but to give me comfort in my surroundings. Nothing can replace love or loss of love but the things that surround us like a favourite chair of our loved one’s can bring so many happy memories. I still have my dad’s iPad which he didn’t want when I bought it him because he said it was an extravagant waste of money but slowly he learned how to use it and it gave him so much pleasure and fun. I have emails we sent to each other, video’s, photos and endless stuff that is priceless.
Like everything in life it’s what comes from the heart.

1 Like

Thank you San for your inspiring post. I lost my Ron after 50 years of a very happy marriage. Thank good ness for family and friends. I am quite a strong lady but miss him so much. I just loved your last words of to be proud of the woman I am because of him. love and hugs to you x Carol,. xx

1 Like