Does losing your best friend feel underrate

I very recently and very suddenly lost my best friend of 10 years in her early 30s. We’ve been work colleagues, friends and neighbours and both being single parents for most of our friendship and having childen around the same ages, we shared school runs, childcare for work, holidays, dinner times, all the kids dramas, loss, pregnancys, child birth. Right untill a few hours before she went we spoken numerous times everyday day sometimes for 5 mins sometimes for hours at a time. I feel like ive lost half of me. Im not just struggling with loosing her, im having to learn to live life everyday without her. How do you start to rebuild your life when you just hurt so much? I feel like nobody really understand how life changing this is for us as a family.

3 Likes

Hello @Emmalouise2709 ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are struggling with how different your day-to-day life has become. I’m so sorry to hear about your best friend. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.
Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.
Take care,

Alex