Don't Cry For Me (Poem by Deborah Garcia Gaitan)

Don’t cry for me.
I will be okay.
Heaven is my home now,
and this is where I’ll stay.

Don’t cry for me.
I’m where I belong.
I want you to be happy
and try to stay strong.

Don’t cry for me.
It was just my time,
but I will see you someday
on the other side.

Don’t cry for me.
I am not alone.
The angels are with me
to welcome me home.

Don’t cry for me,
for I have no fear.
All my pain is gone,
and Jesus took my tears.

Don’t cry for me.
This is not the end.
I’ll be waiting here for you
when we meet again.

4 Likes

Hi sad2 that is a beautiful poem ctying my eyes out reading it i lost my beautiful wife on the 4th February to covid it was so quick went in Saturday morning passed away on the Thursday 4th feb i could only spend the last half hr with her with mour 4 boys ans daughter and there partners i never got to say goodbye to her and thank her for the wonderful 42 yrs together 38yrs married i got to hold her hand sing to her the songs we loved and she passed away i miss her so much life is so lonely now but i have got to be strong for my children grandchildren and inlaws keep the poems going look forward to read more take care love ken xx

Hello Ken
Thank you. Yes, they are beautiful and so tearful. I like reading poems hoping for some comfort in the words, but the tears take over and I’m left heart broken again. When will the pain ease?
Stay strong.
Joan

The pain will go on and on because we have lost the most important part of our life me and mo have been together for 42 years married 38 years this year i can honestly say she was my rock my world my best friend i miss her so much we had plans to go away in our motorhome and my family say stil do it i will but each time i go away i take the book i love with me with her pictures in with her beautiful eyes and her beautiful smile and i know she will be with me xx

Lovely poem…but so sad all i did was cry.
My husband died 17 months ago from sporadic cjd i
lost him and then just had to watch him pass bit by bit and was unable to say goodbye. love to you all.

Hello polly1
So sorry for the loss of your husband, and sorry the poem made you cry.
It’s just non stop crying and the smallest of things set you off, it just seems never ending .
My partner died 3 months ago from this horrible Covid-19 which he caught in hospital, and I never got the chance to say goodbye.
Take care and stay strong.