Don't use mediums

Hi I am new to this site and it saddens me to see so many posts about Mediums. You guessed it I follow Jesus. I also lost my wife of 28 years 9 weeks ago. I am coming to terms with the loss as I believe with all my heart that above all God has a greater purpose. I am not looking to start a debate with anybody. It concerns me that as well as a God who invites us to know him there is an enemy out there who wants to destroy us that is where this power comes from ultimately. Ask any Church leader for more info before engaging with a medium please

1 Like

Some don’t believe in god though so find their comfort through mediums and spiritualism. I guess It is not for us to tell someone what to believe in. Just like I can’t tell you not to believe in God. The world would be very boring if we all thought the same way.

5 Likes

I’m sorry but I don’t believe in god but I think wherever or however we each individual finds comfort we should use it if it helps us to build our strength then go for it . There is no right or wrong it’s whatever suits you and helps you along your chosen path. We all need to be mindful and respect others preferences and beliefs and continue to support each other . Sending hugs take care and stay strong

6 Likes

Hello Simon, I am very sorry for your loss and I’m pleased that you’re finding comfort by following Jesus. We have to take our comfort from wherever we can find it so please don’t deny us ours. Your opinion on mediums is just that. Your opinion.

5 Likes

Dear Simon
i am truely sorry for your loss. I have n’t been on here much lately as i have been going through some stuff with my family and other things but i saw your post when i was private messaging my friends. I too believe in God and Jesus because as i used to be an empath i had no choice. But I do not condemn your viewpoint but let me tell what i know about god from god himself. i have been blessed to feel Gods spirit in Christian churchs and in hindu temples and in a buddist garden as well as in the heart of a jewish rabbi. I have felt angels touch my shoulder and talk to me. God truely doesn’t care what religion you practise to believe he just cares that you believe in something and have goodness in yoursoul. God welcomes true mediums to talk throught them to people believe me he has made me do this in the past to my own detriment to help people and i did. Because god asked me to. yes there are a lot of false mediums out there who try to con people and yes it is a despicable thing for them to do but there are true people who can speak for god and the dead. and the truth is christianity believes in an afterlife so why cant the dead send messages back. i dont need to believe in these things because i have experienced these things through a quirk of genetics called synesthesia. God is love and goodness and welcomes all religions. God uses mediums and a true medium is not a con artist but speaks for God. I know when my father died i physically felt his spirit leave his body and go up it was not imagination it was what it was and it was intense and i hold onto that because i know this. But when he was ill and in pain but when the doctors were doing nothing for him (it was weekend) sometimes they do nothing till consultant on mondays) I acted as a bridge between here where my dad was and the other side i saw the others on the other side waiting for him and the felt the love they where sending him and i was able to send a piece of heaven to him so he was in less pain. I did not do this myself i did it because i was able to connect to the divine spirit an d Jesus or God helped me to help my dad in that instant. So a person who has real true medium abilities does not need to have faith in god the way you do because they work alongside god and jesus. The problem is not everyone who claims to be a medium is for real. As for what i know of the other side jesus says his father had many rooms in his house. To help us understand what heaven is really like. its different for different people and that is how it works.
I am not forcing you to believe this i am just telling you what i know. God loves and welcomes everyone no matter who they are or what they believe so long as they have goodness in their hearts he will find a place for them. and if they dont then he just considers that they still have stuff to learn.
Take care

5 Likes

Meebeee. I love that. I was also going to post something along the lines of what you said. Mediums - good honest mediums are just trying to show proof of afterlife. They are Not disproving God. And if there is a god. Then there is an afterlife. And our loved ones want want to comfort us. Either through god or spiritualism/mediumship.

4 Likes

This response is beautifully written and it has made me feel better this morning. Buried my 19 year old daughter due to liver cancer on thursday, what you have said makes so much sense to me. I wish that I had the ability to connect with ber properly…I know she is around me x

2 Likes

Hello Simon,
The point of this forum is to comfort people and cope with the devastating loss of our loved ones.
I have a strong Faith, I believe in God and in Jesus Christ, I have done so since I was a little girl, I cannot remember when I didn’t have Faith. My parents were not over religious, my mum believed but my dad was an atheist, he has been proved wrong, as was my brother who died nearly 5 years ago, he was an atheist too.
Additionally I believe in life after death, I have visited mediums and I have gained a lot of comfort from being there, I do believe that they are sent by God to comfort us and the comfort is given with love.
I found my husband of 59 years on our bedroom floor 14 months ago, he had died, although I miss his physical presence dreadfully, I know that he is still with me and our 2 children, he walks beside us every day and for this I thank God.
Blessings,
MaryL

4 Likes

I’ve had readings with quite a few now and I’ve yet to find one whose convinced me. I lpaid £750 for my first ever reading with a “top American medium” and it was clear she was bluffing. Thankfully after twenty painful minutes of guessing and very vague generic stuff and one guess that was way off the mark she stopped the reading and refunded me.

Most of them have done the gentleman here with chest issues, lady with cancer thing. Nearly all of them mentioned grandparents but they are the easiest guesses.
They bring so much love through.
They know you’re thinking of memorial tatoos, bears, jewellery or trees.
There’s a birthday or anniversary coming up they want to acknowledge, there’s only twelve months in a year so odds are quite high that there will be a birthday or anniversary in the family soon. A few gave me “significant months” that weren’t particularly that significant but again there’s a one in twelve chance of getting something.
They bring a lost baby with them, again miscarriages are sadly so incredibly common that most families will have a lost baby :broken_heart:
There’s been a disagreement in the family, with all the stress around a death, funeral arrangements, inheritance etc or just familiar falling out it’s rather common to have family disagreements.
You’ve been noticing signs, feathers, robins, coins etc…again don’t we all look out for signs after our loss.
They know grief inside out. They know exactly how we are feeling and exactly what we want to hear. I’ve got a few more readings coming up so I haven’t given up but I’m no longer hopeful :unamused:

1 Like