Double Bereavement

Hi everybody, 3 weeks ago I lost my dad, he was 82 and I was his carer, then yesterday I lost my husband suddenly to lung cancer age 56. This happened so quickly I had to miss my dad’s funeral which is when my husband took a sudden turn for the worse, needless to say how distressing all this is at the moment, I haven’t taken any of this in and the palliative nurse’s are concerned that this double whammy hammy could hit me at some point and I need help, but I feel as though I’m on autopilot at the moment and carrying on as normal

I am so very sorry you have to go through this, I can’t imagine what it must be like for this to happen like it has.

The only thing I can say is take it one day at a time, go with the emotion and please be kind to yourself.

I really hope you have friends and family around to be with you.

Big hugs xxx

Oh my god that is so heart breaking… I just don’t know what to say … I lost my husband 9 weeks ago he was only 36 … and I have needed family but for u to lose both … please come in here as much as u can the people are amazing and despite there own lose they are a tower of strength to others xxx