Double loss

I lost my dearest big sister at the end of May, although I knew it would come one day, because of her heart failure, it still hit me hard, we were so very close and she was my confidante and best friend. I struggled to get over my grief so my husband and I went on holiday at the end of September, on the second day of our break I received a phone call from home telling me that my son had had a sudden heart attack and had died. To say that I was and am heartbroken is an understatement, two people so very precious to me. My relationship with my dear son had been difficult for a few years because of his wife and it had only been in the last 4 or 5yrs that things had changed and he and I were getting on so well. My sister would have helped me but she was no longer there to do so.
I think about them every day, especially my son. My husband is good in so many ways but not very good at knowing how to help me. Life seems so flat now and I feel as if I am just going through the motions of living from one day to the next.

Dear @ChrissieT

I apologise in the delay in replying to you. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your sister and son. It is understandable that you are heartbroken.

I see that you are new to the Community, I do hope it will be of comfort and support to you. I would like share to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you in the mean time.

Sue Ryder also has some resources which can help you cope with grief.

There is also an organisation called The Compassionate Friends who support bereaved families who have lost a child of any age. They are available on 0345 123 2304 every day of the year from 10am-4pm and 7pm - 10pm. You call will be answered by a volunteer bereaved parent.

I do hope the above information will be of help to you. You can also connect with members here who have been in a similar situation as yourself by using the search bar above.

You are not alone, we are all here for you, please continue to reach out at any time.

Take care.

Pepsi