Dread that feeling that hits you when you wake up

Thank you . I am almost nine months since my hubby passed away . I cope on the surface but find lockdown has set me back . I haven’t sorted any of his clothes or things as the family were going to help ! Charity shops won’t want any stuff for a good while yet so feel my grief is on hold a bit . However I am so grateful not to have been caring for my hubby through cancer in lockdown . I had so much support and visits from family and friends throughout his illness . I do feel for carers at this time . Think we all need to be kind to ourselves in the current times and to be patient and hope to get through the days as best we can . Be kind to others too and that can make us feel better . I do need to be useful and try to do something each day for someone else even if it’s only a phone call . Everyone has their problems don’t they . And I sometimes feel guilty for feeling sad :cry:

2 Likes

Don’t every feel guilty for feeling sad , this is a completely normal reaction to your loss. I only lost my husband 4 weeks ago and right now cannot imagine a day or night without tears and sadness.
The constant pain is all too real. The pain would come in waves before but now it’s constant xx

1 Like

Im so sorry for you loss .
Ive lost a few people, i lost my brother in 2012 and i still wake up thinking he is still here and then bang it hits me that he is not !
you are right it is the most painful feeling
stacy x

1 Like

Hi, yes you are so right. I am 14months into my journey without my darling husband and I am not sure that feeling will ever go just the edges are not quite so sharp. I hope you get as much rest as you can. Grief being the price of love.

4 Likes

Hello jools
I really feel for you, you’re amazing for coming on here in hopes to find help.
My dad passed just over a year ago and I totally understand the feeling you’re experiencing.
Please could you try this meditation that has massively helped me through my journey
I have sent this to numerous friends and everyone is so amazed with the power and the feeling it gives them
Please let me know what you think of you give it a go

I send you so much love and light

Take care , Charl x

2 Likes

Also my lovely
What I have learnt on my journey. Is to not question or fight against any feelings you may feel
Truly face up to them, acknowledge how you feel, accept it and go along with it
Resistance only causes frustration and further upset
It’s taken me nearly a year to realise this and It makes me so happy that I can pass this on to anyone else who can benefit from it

4 Likes

I call it the feeling of dread, 6 and a half weeks on it’s is not so often as it was. Sending u my heartfelt condolences. X

1 Like

Hi. Heaneye. What words of wisdom. When counselling I always gave this advice to anxiety sufferers although I do accept it’s not easy. Acceptance is the key to easing the pain. It does depend on how long we have been suffering. To tell a newly bereaved person to accept may be pointless although it could help. But as we go along this journey we can begin to accept that it’s happened and all the pain can be seen as having a purpose. It shows how love can never die and that our loved ones are still with us. Acceptance as opposed to fighting and struggling with ‘IT’ can often prevent the anxiety, which we all suffer from, from escalating into despair and more pain. As the Darleks say, ‘resistance is futile’ and it is. Facing up to and accepting what’s happened, and ceasing to try and ‘get rid of it’ is so much better than trying to fight our way out. Go with the flow. Bend with the wind.
I so appreciate that this advice may not go done well with some of us and I understand that. It’s more like ‘giving up’ It’s not! It’s ‘giving in’ to the feelings and emotions. ‘Giving up’ can lead to despair. ‘Giving in’ is allowing emotions to come without resistance.
It took you a year to realise this. It took me much longer so you were lucky. Best wishes and thank you. John.

2 Likes

Just want to say thank you for all the helping words. Jools 1. As I read all these posts there is a little comfort that you are not in an isolated situation. My wife passed 2 weeks ago suddenly although I did have a few hours with her. Drs misdiagnosed menopause for cancer. Mornings and nights are the worst as we always said goodnight and morning to each other. I have read several posts and work of others experiences.
I have had good support on here.
As previously said.
Go by hour to hour. That’s how I survive

5 Likes

Hi JayandAlison
I’m glad you find some comfort from chatting on here as do I. I am finding the weekend particularly hard as we would just sit at nights and cuddle up on couch watching tv or a film as no one could have went far with the pandemic. I just miss everything about my wonderful husband and I think I always will x

3 Likes

Hiya,
Do know what you ar going through as we all do on here.
I have had a break from here as. Have been so low.
But we carry n day to day.
Just hope it gets a little better.

1 Like

s.louise,
I am so sorry that you have lost your brother, it is a very hard blow to come to terms with. My brother died 4 years ago, I miss him, so much, sometimes I think to myself, I shall ring our John and it comes as a shock when I remember that he is not there. Six months after John passed away, my dearest friend of 72 years died, unbelievably, my dearest husband died 3 years later, all three of them were sudden deaths. Grief, in my opinion is the worst emotion of all.
I hope that you will keep on posting.
Blessings,
MaryL

1 Like

Hi Susan I lost my husband 5 weeks ago I think everyone has to go though this cruel time . Every one is differant some stronger than others. But strong ones will pull you though it.Do your greaving in any way that is good for you, but time will not wait for you to get your life in order talk to family and friends ,put down on here what you are feeling someone will listen and help but greave and cry if you want.Time is a great healer.God bless you I shall be thinking about you.xxxx

2 Likes

Hi i lost my partner 9 weeks ago tomorow and every morning it hits me when i wake up and he isnt there its horrible feeling i fee for you

2 Likes