Dreaded weekends

Hello Sandra,
I lost my husband 7 months ago, and am just coming into the season of ‘firsts’ - on Monday it will be my first birthday without him. The anticipation is truly awful, but I have arranged a lunch with 4 close friends, and hope I will feel well enough to enjoy it. It is very hard to learn to live on your own after you have lost your loved one, and this definetly isn’t the best time of year to do so. Please be kind to yourself, give yourself little treats, and I hope that your darkest days will soon start to lighten. Jayne xx

I know what you mean! Ian use to laugh at me because I was so independent and he liked looking after me, taking care of me. How I miss that but most of all I hate what I have become since loosing him. People say silly things like be strong but I feel that all the strength has been knocked out of me, I don’t have it in me to be strong. I want the old happy me back but that’s not going to happen without him. Thank you for sharing and take care. Kay. Xx

Hello Sheila,
Thank you for this beautiful and moving piece. I lost my husband earlier this year after 28 perfect years together. And I found that after a few months I felt pretty well, but a few weeks ago became depressed and tearful. My counsellor tells me that this is perfectly normal, and will pass. I cared for my husband at home until a week before he died, and knowing how hard life would be for me after he had gone, he encouraged me to develop my own life and gave me guidance and support every day. I miss him dreadfully every single day, but what he did for me at that time was worth a Kings Ransom, and nurtured a little spark that promises me a good life in my future. It will never be the same, but I believe it will be rich and fulfilling. And I will never forget him, or stop loving him, but he will move into a deeper little space in my heart, a star twinkling there for the rest of my life. Take care. Jayne xx