Dreading Christmas

Good afternoon Sam. I feel many of the thoughts you describe. I am both deeply sad and yet as you say agitated. It’s like a kind of being in limbo feeling. People say look to the New Year and they are well intentioned but we don’t feel we have a new year do we. I don’t know if everyone feels like that. A new year signifies new hopes/a fresh beginning but we want to experience that with our loved ones. I’m sorry for going on a bit Sam, I’m just feeling extra desperate and desolate today. I hope you get through today as best we can.

Hello Tina, thankyou for your reply, yes your quite correct, being in limbo is a good description, I feel it daily, Tina believe me when I say, your not going on too much, I understand your sentiments completely, the amount of people around me who do understand and have suffered a similar fate, I’ve got to them one by one and apologised as I really didn’t understand their pain before, I do now, very much so! I’m so sorry you feel the way you do today, I know how you feel, you’d think I’d know what to say to ease some of your pain you feel, but I don’t, I find myself in the same position, it’s really hard to deal with, please try and remember there are people around you who love you and we have to carry on and live our lives best we can, I only wish there was a place we could all meet up and talk about our feelings, for me, it’s the only thing that appears to relieve some of the pain we feel, take care and please feel free to post whenever it suits you, look after you, new year awaits us all x Sam

Hi, Sam,

Feel exactly the same, we didn’t ask to become like this. Feel life is just an existance to get through at the moment.

Spent Christmas away from home and has been very difficult. Am counting the days until I go home. Would rather be unhappy in my own home than the forced gaiety of a hotel stay.

All we can hope for is a more peaceful 2017.

Mel
Xx

Hello Sam, I have just joined this site and wanted to tell you that I totally understand how you are feeling. I lost my darling husband suddenly in Oct 2016 and I entered a strange world! Feelings I have never experienced in my life before. I can only say that I am grateful that I stumbled across this site as I was out of my depth and didn’t know how I was going to survive this or even if I wanted to BUT the people who have expressed their feelings and emotions here have given me hope that these thoughts and feelings are entirely normal. As one said “other people have survived so why not us” and the one that also stood out to me was that you said you just wanted to feel normal and that’s what I said a lot. It gives me great hope that I will experience joy and laughter again as I so much want to. Many kind thoughts are sent to you.

1 Like

Hello to everyone on this site and particularly to those who contributed to this thread. I hope that, like me, you all managed to get through Christmas and New Year’s Eve. The first time I experience previously shared moments without my soulmate at my side (he died suddenly in June 2016) the pain jabs more fiercely but, almost in spite of myself, I am still stumbling along. It is somehow reassuring to know that so many other ordinary people are in a similar situation and feel pretty much the same as I do but I would not wish this sadness on anyone. I don’t know if it will ever get “better” but each day is a new start. I recently relocated from France (couldn’t stay there on my own) and am finding it difficult to settle and cope on my own…I was lucky enough to find a landlord who would accept our beloved dogs so I do try to count my blessings and just hope that 2017 will somehow ease the pain for all of us.Take care everyone!

Thank you for your words of comfort and to let you know this was the first Christmas and New Year since I lost my only son, David in August 2016. It is six months yesterday and it feels like eternity. I think your dogs are your blessing and wish I had the courage to have one. I feel as though I am stumbling along and find it is very hard, apart from this site that people understand.

I wish you and all a Peaceful and good year,
Jan X

Hello tina i do feel for you and i do hope you have settled a little now your back home was a big move to have to make without your soulmate take care x x x

Hi Sam i have just read your post somehow makes me feel not so alone ,i just feel broke and cant ever see a time when i can put my self back together take care .