dreading mothers day

i am dreading mothers because my beautiful wife died suddenly 8 months ago, she was a fantastic mum to our son, but what makes it worse the of 14th march is the 51st anniversary of our first date, we suffered lots of hostiliy from her mum i wasn’t good enough but she was only 17, we had 6 weeks short of 49 extremely happy years of marriage, after about 30 years her mum said she was quite fond of me, i will visit the church on suhday where we got married and visit her mum and dads grave, love to every one that is grieving. Pat

1 Like

Hi Pat, I’m so sorry for the loss of your wife, Sunday will be difficult, but try and remember the wonderful life you had together, it will get easier over time, you never forget, but you learn to live with it, sending love , Jude x

Hi jude i broke all the rules drove 35 miles to church it was locked, still visited janes mum and dads grave at the same church & my friend who was buried there in 1966 aged 16, pretty sad day all round but got through it lots of tears, heard a johnny cash song in car first line was(just around the corner there is heartache) how very true seems to be every corner though, i have 3 wonderful grandchildren & thier mum & dad that i see every day but i still feel lonely, got myself a geyhound we walk 2 to 3 miles a day, gets a bit boring talking to her with no replies but she does make me laugh i talk to jane all the time its what keeps me sane, and this site has made me realise that i am quite normal, Thank you to everybody & love to you all xx Pat