Dreading the next 12 Months

I am 13 months down the line since losing my lovely wife Hilary, after 51 years of marriage, miss her like no one knows, like us all I didn’t think I would be able to get through these months, but with the help of family and myself I have managed to come through these months one way or the other, and looking back what I went through,(which we all understand this) I am quite pleased in what I managed to do to make this happen,( I didn’t at the time but I do looking Back now) but it scares the shits out of me now thinking that I have to go through this all again in the next 12 months as my feeling’s and emotion’s are no different now at the start of the second year to what they were when Hilary first passed, its making me so anxious and emotional and ruining all what I had achieved during the first 12 months, I am back to square one again unfortually Take Care Mickere x

2 Likes

hey @mickere - I am so sorry that Hilary died and that you have been through so much this year. You have come a long way and you have achieved a great deal and you can hold that thought. What lies ahead this year is different to the year you have been through. The prospect you face, and I face as we are both a year in, is a future without your Hilary and my Tom being right here but a future when Hilary and Tom would be saying to us that it is ok, our love will endure. Always. And that they are with us as we go forward into the next stage of our lives. Your are not at stage one, my friend, you are in a world where Hilary loves you to the moon and back and wants you to be happy and to live. She will always be with you, as Tom will be for me. So this year is different, my friend, this year is about loving all that has been and all that will always be. Hold tight, my friend, hold on. It will be ok x

2 Likes