Dream visits

I am interested in hearing about anyone else’s dream visits from deceased loved ones and if they brought you a message.
about a year after my father died, he was in my dream and as I am single (and looking) he said. “No one ordinary!”
He was very adamant.

does anyone believe in this dream visits with their messages?

5 Likes

Hello berit

Thank you for sharing this with us. I’m just giving your thread a gentle, “bump” for you - hopefully someone will have some thoughts to share.

Take good care,
Rhi

1 Like

Hi @berit
I haven’t had any experience of dream visits from my mam but would love to.
I think you’re so lucky and to just be glad to have him near you and hopefully he’ll visit again
Take care :heart:

1 Like

Hi @berit. I imagine that was a comforting dream. I bet your Dad loved you very, very much and wanted nothing but the best for you - nobody ordinary is going to be right for his daughter! You deserve extraordinary; someone special, like you. To me, that’s the message of the dream that you had.
As for ‘believing’ in it - the dream happened, so it’s real, no? Do I believe that your Dad sent you a message? I don’t know, but I don’t NOT believe it. Personally, I believe in God and I believe that he sometimes talks to us through dreams, (and other means) so perhaps he arranged for you to get a message that he thought you needed to hear, and he knew that it would have particular resonance for you if it came from your Dad?
Or, perhaps it was a simple dream, but what a wonderful dream, in which you recognise that you know how much your Dad loved you and believed in you, and how much he wanted you to be happy. It shows the bond between you, and the message remains that you deserve something special.
You can’t lose, I don’t think. Cherish this and set your expectations high. Best wishes to you.

2 Likes

This was such a nice comment Small Penguin. I have reread it several times. Most heartfelt. Thank you. :heartbeat:

I’ve had a couple of experiences of this, first with a close friend of mine who died from cancer in 2022 and then with my ex-partner who I lost very suddenly in November.

I’ve also had ordinary dreams about them both at different times, but these experiences were different - it felt like they were really ‘present’ with me, and I woke with a strong sense that they were letting me know they were ok.

It’s lovely that your dad is still looking out for you. I believe that the people we love never truly leave us, even though they’re not here the way we would like them to be :heart:

2 Likes

very soon after my beloved dad died, I had a dream.

it was a sort of ruler or measuring yardstick and at one end were angels and at the end of it was my dad. and the angels were telling me:
“it is okay. we’ve got him.”

I had strong dreams of my father but nothing similar of my mother.
a few ghostly clatterings of inanimate objects after she died, the strong smell of perfume and flowers, a friend saw something ghostly in the corner of his eye. that was all.

3 Likes

This really resonates with me @Smallpenguin. I don’t think it matters if we view these experiences as objectively ‘real’ or not. As you say, it’s real for the person experiencing it, and we make it part of our reality by acting on the feeling we get from it.

I believe that all interactions are an exchange of energy, and that when someone dies we still hold that energy within ourselves and it continues to be a part of who we are. I find that very comforting.

3 Likes

I am very sorry for your losses. they were important people in your life.
I imagine you miss them terribly.

1 Like

Thank you. I do.

My friend was a huge loss, but at least we had the opportunity to say everything we wanted to say to each other, and when she finally went it was a relief that she wasn’t in pain anymore.

With my partner, it just felt like a sudden gaping hole opened in my life and nothing will ever fill it. So much was left unsaid and unresolved. I still can’t quite believe he’s really gone.

1 Like

Hi im sorry for your loses xx
My mum passed away last November 23. During this time I saw her in a dream, like spiritually as an outline.
And another dream i saw a flash of her face, she was younger probably in her 40’s.
And also whilst asleep i felt her hand on my shoulder.
I believe this was her.

Xx

3 Likes

I bet it was her! we miss them so … :heart:

1 Like

keep talking to him … but I know it is not enough. life is so hard. :heart:

1 Like

That’s so lovely @berit, sounds like a beautiful and gentle dream :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

My mum passed in July 2022 and my dad in August 2022… this week has been quite difficult for multiple reasons and they have both been in my dreams two/three times this week… I wouldn’t say they had any specific message to give and don’t know if this is just down to me missing them greatly at a difficult time or them checking in knowing that I am struggling, today I just wanted to go back to sleep to see them. I think you have to try to take comfort from this as best you can xx

1 Like

Hi I recently lost my Dad and just before the 3 mth after loosing him I dreamt of him standing there just looking at me as I walked out round a corner in a place I didn’t recognize, he looked and dressed exactly how he would, then an articulate lorry came from the left and I said to myself when that lorry has passed by he will be gone he won’t be standing on the path looking at me and he was gone after lorry cleared and I stood in same place staring then I woke up instantly , I lay a while replaying it as I felt some kind of comfort from it but felt happy like I’d seen my Dad and I did tell my close ones in the morning “I seen my Dad last night” as though I was happy of this, I also said to myself I never want to loose that dream I hope it doesn’t go or fade from me and it’s been a few weeks now and I still have that dream in my mind very clear

1 Like

I am sorry for losing mum and dad. it lives with you everyday.
:heart:

I think it was a good dream. mine has been about nine years and I still know mine well so you will not forget, especially if you write it down.

I find it nice to have a lost one in dreams, people say that’s when they visit you, no matter what the dream it’s always nice to have them when you sleep x

1 Like