Dreams about my mum

I have woken up today feeling awful. My mum died in October and it will be a year tomorrow that was my worse day ever as she was diagnosed with a brain tumour. Over the last few months I have not dreamt of my mum but for the last three nights the dreams are vivid. Last night I woke several times and my mum was in my dreams. I feel sad and sick today. I Have been doing ok since Feb/March time and feel I have been set back by the last couple of nights. I don’t know why I’m having these dreams now…

Hi Cheryl,

Sorry to hear you’ve had a bad few nights. Significant anniversaries can bring up a lot of emotions for people, so perhaps that could be triggering your dreams?

Grief isn’t a neat, linear process, and it it normal to have times when you feel that you’ve gone backwards.

David and Jude both mentioned dreaming of their loved ones as part of this discussion a little while back: https://support.sueryder.org/community/coping-death-loved-one/triggers#post-5748

Thank you for our reply and I will click on that link now… I’m feeling a little better today as no dreams last night