Dreams of my passed Mum

Hi all, I’m new here please be kind. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced them same. I lost my mum 9 weeks ago, it was all quite sudden I took her to an and e on the Monday and then she passed on the Saturday. I was coping relatively well while doing all the organising for the funeral etc but now I’m back at work I’m struggling, I keep crying and having dreams some awful, some ok. Has this happened to anyone else and do we know why we have them ? Thanks

2 Likes

Hello @Budgal ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling like you are struggling now after intially coping relatively well. I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

1 Like

Hi, i’m deeply sorry for your loss.
My dad died 2 months ago and the first few weeks i dreamed about him constantly, almost everyday. I either couldn’t remember the dreams properly or they were weird.
I still wake up crying because i know it’s not real.
Now i only dream about him occasionally and the dreams keep getting better or at least they’re a little less creepy and weird and more normal.
I think i dream about him a lot since i also think about him almost every minute of the day.
Personally I believe some dreams can have spiritual or religious meanings. But that obviously depends on the person and their personal beliefs.
But mostly/probably the reason why we see them in our dreams so much is because we miss them so much and they’re just in the back of our conscience.
Best wishes x

2 Likes

I lost my mum nearly 8 weeks ago and have only had 2 dreams about her.

One wasn’t long after learning she wasn’t with us anymore.
I got out of bed walked down stairs and was greeted by a man I’ve never seen or met in my life, I remember feeling calm and relaxed around his presence and he told me that my mum was waiting outside.
I opened my back door and sure enough she was stood waiting for me but looked sad, and couldn’t seen to communicate with me and I couldn’t communicate with her either was very frustrating. I woke up very confused and frustrated and told myself maybe it was a visitation where she struggled to talk due to it all being new to her.

The second dream was different, (she had been suffering a while with her mental health in real life and needed help to get better).
In this dream my Gran told me she had finally asked for the help she needed and I was so happy and thrilled and my mum was smiling at me, then when I woke up I felt so upset and wished it was true.

No matter how much I try now, I can’t seem to dream about her, which I find quite odd, cause she’s my first and last thought every single day since she passed and I’m missing her soooo much :frowning:

1 Like