Dreams

Recently I’ve started to have dreams in which my parents are still alive and then I wake up and remember they are both gone and I’m on my own. My Mum died in January this year and my Dad in November 2020. Until a month ago I was suffering from insomnia so didn’t have any dreams but now I’m on antidepressants and am able to sleep the dreams have started. I don’t mind dreaming it’s when I wake up I get upset. xx

1 Like

Hello @Victoria22,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your parents. Thank you for sharing this with us. I’m just giving your thread a gentle, “bump” for you - hopefully someone will have some thoughts to share.

Take good care,
Alex

I’m so sorry. I do know what you mean. Waking up to life is much harder than being in your dreams. Every morning it hits you all over again and people think you are getting over it, but for me that’s not true at all. I sill cannot believe I won’t see my mum again, it seems just impossible. Am hoping time will help heal things but I don’t know.

1 Like

I dream quite a lot, and although i know its upsetting when you wake up, i treasure those dreams because they feel like brand new interactions with my parents. If i wake in the middle of the night and realise ive had a dream about my parents, i record a voice note on my phone quickly before the dream fades, and then ive written them all down in a “dream journal”.

4 Likes

Hi @Victoria22 I had to message to say I’m the same. Since I started taking antidepressants/antianxiety meds I’ve had such intense, vivid dreams where my mum is still here. Sometimes they are fine, but sometimes the dreams are quite distressing. Then I wake up and remember she’s not really here and I feel so alone without her. It’s a weigh up of how much the meds help ease the depression and anxiety a bit, to having these side effects. But I understand how u feel and it’s tough. Here if u want to talk x

1 Like