Easter on my own

This will be my first bank holiday weekend on my own since mum died in January. Going out briefly this afternoon then will not see anyone until I go back to work on Tuesday. Will make myself busy to take my mind off it. Desperately need to dejunk the house ready for when it gets valued for probate, hope I can afford to stay here after inheritance tax, etc. Can’t face the thought of having to move.

6 Likes

Hi I’m dreading this weekend too. First Easter without my partner who died in December. I hope you are able to keep yourself busy

1 Like

My 1st Easter without my hubby. I’m decorating. We were going to anyway. Doing it on your own makes you realize how missed they are. He passed away Nov 23.
Am emptying kitchen out. Having new one put in by housing association. Think next week. Living room looks like dumping ground. Keep telling myself will be worth it once done.

2 Likes

First for me too. Feeling pretty awful about it and will also try to keep busy. Sending hugs and I hope the house worries will work out!

2 Likes

Thank you Ulma.
Feels really horrible not having him here while this is all going on. Trying to get it done before go to Scotland in May. Going on coach trip. 1st holiday without him. Going with friend. She lost her hubby 33 hours before I lost mine :sleepy:

3 Likes

@mags66 i want to decorate but I’ve never done it on my own so don’t know where to start but I think it would occupy me a bit as the days are so long. Also not easy to do with a puppy and a poorly dog to contend with. 1 wants attention and the other 1 needs it! Good on you for going on holiday . At the c moment I’ve not got the confidence but you and your friend can support each other at least you understand how you both feel.

1 Like

@mags66 you are from Cambs , I’m originally from Cambridge but live just over border in Norfolk now.

Hi @Vixen @Ulma @mags66 and @Victoria22
It’s my first Easter without mam and I’m really feeling it. I’ve never felt so lonely since I losr her, lt feels like I’ve lost my identity somehow, I miss her so much it hurts :broken_heart:
Take care everyone xxx

3 Likes

@Pixiecat yes losing identity is a big thing when you lose someone close , I hope you have other people around you for support

Hi @Vixen
Thanks for replying, I’m one of four siblings, two brothers and a sister who have all moved on after my mam’s passing, even my three grown-up daughters don’t really get it.
I think it’s because I was the closest to her and hopefully in time I’ll be so grateful for that, but in the meantime I’m in the nightmare that grieving can feel like, I really wasn’t prepared for it.
Having said that I’m starting to appreciate that I had her in my life for 61 years
To be honest this site is my support, where I know people understand.
I hope you are doing ok in your journey of grief :heart:
Take care xx

3 Likes

I’m originally from Tunbridge Wells. Lived in Essex before moved to Cambridgeshire. Moved here because of hubby’s daughter and grand daughters

1 Like

I know, nothing feels like it should, not even ourselves. I think that’s why I have problems with talking to people about ordinary things we used to talk about, because I’m not that person anymore. :heart:

1 Like

I’m in the same position, with a sibling who has moved on and don’t even want to talk about it. It’s hard and doesn’t help with the feeling of loneliness. :pensive:

3 Likes

Yes I understand that about talking to people, I think it’s also that small talk doesn’t mean anything anymore, there’s no point. We’re you the one that was closer to your mum? Xx

2 Likes

Exactly, small talk seems pointless. Yes, I was closer to mum and to dad, who I lost recently, so sometimes I almost feel like an only child in that it’s only me who mourns so deeply. :pensive:

1 Like

Well I haven’t started dejunking the house yet. I spent the morning clearing garden rubbish to put in the garden bin then felt too tired to do much else. I’m still suffering with insomnia and it makes me feel tired most of the time. xx

2 Likes

All my plans to spend the long weekend dejunking the house hasn’t happened. My insomnia must be catching up with me, I spent most of the day asleep on the sofa, I only meant to sit down for a short rest. xx

2 Likes

You’ll get it done. If your body tells you to rest, then you must x

1 Like

Relaxing with a glass of wine while my Easter dinner cooks :wine_glass::blush:

3 Likes

You obviously needed the sleep, enjoy your dinner, the clearing can wait :yum:

1 Like