Easter

It is beautiful outside. And all I can think of is how to get through the Easter holidays on my own in lockdown. The days are just yawning ahead. Lockdown has eased a teeny weeny bit but we are so limited in what we can do and I just want to hear voices. Missing my partner so very, very, much. This time last year I was able to get his sun lounger out for him and he lay there while I worked. :cry:. Not sure how I am going to get through this.

Viv

4 Likes

Dear Tivey,
So very sorry for your loss. These occasions are very hard for those of us who are missing our loved ones aren’t they? It’s only been 4 months for me and I still can’t take it in that I won’t see him again. He only had 2 months after his diagnosis so it was a terrible shock. Do you have a friend you can ring or any family members. It’s horrible being on your own as you have nothing to distract you from your thoughts. ‘ chatting ‘ on here does help and to know we are all dealing with the same emotions. Take one day at a time, little steps, you are stronger than you know. Big hugs. X

I have always worked at Easter or we have gone on holiday. My late husband looked after our son and they would go to the local heritage railway where they volunteered or there would be days out or we would go to Haven holiday parks.
Last year we were either outside in the garden or I would be at work. Just going into lockdown was a kind of novelty.
This year I am not at work and son 14 is on school holidays.
It seems so hard, it’s just been 4 months and I miss him so much o

Thank you. I have been busy all morning, with outside chores, patio cleaning etc… Most people are engaged with families over this period. I still have not “wound down” after 18 months of frenetic nursing from me. My husband is only dead 2 months. It takes such a huge amount of effort to keep busy. I desperately miss the chat. Our shared interests etc…

Xx

1 Like

I feel exactly the same, @Tivey I lost my 40 year old husband suddenly 7 weeks ago. I miss him so much, I’ve seen familys out and about together today and I’m so sad that it’s not my husband, myself and our two boys. I know life can’t stop for everyone else, but mine has :disappointed_relieved: I used to love all holidays but now all the joy has gone! Apart from my boys of course. But it’s hard to carry on even for them.

Hugs
Sarah x

Oh that is rough. I only have one sister and she is very disabled at the moment (waiting for surgery) so it is not a case of nobody inviting. I do think they are not thinking about how lockdown has eased a bit. It takes a while to readjust that we can meet.

But I am glad you enjoyed the gardening. And I hope you do sleep tonight.

I am heading to our boat tomorrow to work in the morning. Then a widow friend is joining me and we will take the boat out.

Hugs to you!

Xx

Hugs to you! Losing a partner is on another level altogether. I have been just gobsmacked at how lonely I feel. All those shared jokes and views that you build up over the years. I know no way around this except to try and stay busy , and hope that with time the intensity of the feelings ease a little.

Xxxx

1 Like

Oh my goodness. He deserves a kick up the behind :flushed:.

Xx

Viv