Easter

Hi, everyone how are you all doing? Today is a very hard day as it was Easter last year I last saw my brother, my heart is aching so much today, I miss him so much.
I always took him an Easter egg even though he was 61 he always enjoyed his egg, didn’t get to see him that often as we lived as far apart but always at Easter.

4 Likes

Hi, I’m sorry you’re having a bad day. I’m struggling right now too, as it’s my first Easter without any of my parents and I also lost mum at Easter some years ago. Sending you hugs. :heart:

4 Likes

So sorry for your loss. Its so hard isnt it , its these times of the year we miss our loved ones the most ive lost bith my parents many years ago my sister 9 year’s ago and now my brother just lasy year, ive been finding it so hard and today just brought things back as it was this time last year i saw my brother, it just feels like he passed yesterday, i know i will hopefully feel better tomorrow. Sending you hugs as well think we all need a hug from time to time ,thank you for talking to me

3 Likes

My sympathies for all your losses. Life is so cruel that way. :pensive: I hope today is a bit less bad and yes, we all need hugs. Thank you. :heart:

1 Like

I miss mine too. :heartbeat:

2 Likes

And thank you for this post as my Easter weekend is proving to be a bit sad and memories come crowding in. I feel so confused as I don’t understand where it all went and where everyone is. I have been through big losses and I find it hard to cope sometimes. This board and the people on it has been a real resource for me.

2 Likes

This is definitely a bitter sweet weekend, I am trying to find things to occupy me so I don’t think too much but it’s very hard. When I saw my brother this time last year, if I had thought for one minute it would be the last time I would see him I would have given him the biggest hug, he wasn’t really a hugger but we always did when we saw each other. I am just trying to think of the good times but still so hard, sending you hugs at this time try and keep your chin up and stay strong

1 Like

It isn’t the same and it will never be again. That’s the hardest part. :cry::heart:

1 Like

I don’t know what I would do without this board. I have no one else to talk to about these things and how I feel.

2 Likes

me too, right now. the church set me up with a counseling friend but they have their own life. right now, I feel a lot of shame and so I hesitate to contact my other friend. I am friends with my mother’s friend but she has her own family. so I am alone this weekend which is very sad and I am rather a sad and pathetic person so I keep to myself, rather not to burden others so I am on here a lot this weekend, reading posting and seeking comfort. :heartbeat:

3 Likes

Same , although I have a big family they live 200 miles away so don’t really talk to them, and find it hard to talk to my husband about it, he’s not from a close family and don’t think he really gets it

2 Likes

Yeah I get you, makes you feel so sad and so alone , there is always someone on here that will talk and understand which is one reason I joined

1 Like

I also feel I don’t want to burden others and they do have their own lives and own problems. I can tell that they don’t really want to hear about it too, not even my sibling. It doesn’t exactly help with the loneliness.

2 Likes

It must be difficult to have them all so far away. I’m glad we all can be here for each other. :heart:

1 Like

Yeah I get that as well, I don’t like to say to much as they seem to be getting on with their lives and I feel I shouldn’t say anything,I understand exactly what you are saying,

1 Like

On this day last year we flew to Spain. It was our only proper holiday together. I wish I could have persuaded him to have more but he was always so conscious of making enough money to pay his rent etc, when in reality he was so ill that he could have claimed benefits. But he was too proud and he worked til he dropped. So proud that I had such a man.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss, you must have been so proud of him, its so hard

1 Like

@jenny8 i’m so sorry for your loss :(. I lost my Grandad in February and this will be the first Easter without him. It hurts so much doesn’t it. I’d do anything to see him again. I’m sending you all my love xx

1 Like

Thank you so much and the same to you ,it really is hard isnt it sending you hugs

1 Like

Morning ,just checking in with you to wish you a happy Easter, well as much as it can be, we not doing Easter this year we normally see my family but not this year. So iam going to do some jet washing and take my mind off it, it’s a nice day so be nice to be in the fresh air, my brother loved the outdoors.
Keep yourself busy take care x

1 Like