Emdr

Anyone know anything about emdr? I’m on the waiting list for this, anyone had any experience of this therapy?

That’s eye movement desensitisation, is it? For post-traumatic stress disorder?

It is a treatment used for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

1 Like

Yeah, I just wondered if anyone had encountered it

1 Like

Hi daddysgirl,
I am still new-ish here, i am not and dont have any medical background, i am not a dr , but i know a little and have heard of this condition before. I have not had any treatment for this symptom , i am replying to purely help you with a little info i know about emdr.
Emdr is Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR) therapy is used within nhs service.
It is normally or sometimes caused by a traumatic event when feeling overwhelmed with distress, emotions.
A therapist /doctor/nurse may ask to focus describe and talk about your event , no need to give details of your traumatic bad event, situation in detail , if you dont wish, say and tell as much as you want, it is up to you while you are make side to side eye movements, following the therapists/nurses finger , sounds and alternating lights are sometimes used aswel.
Sessions normally last about a hour to 90mins , the number of sessions you will need depends on your personal needs, and will be agreed with you and the therapist , nurse.
You may feel a little distressed but will have and be in control of the session you are having.
You can ask any questions and concerns with the therapist nurse when you attend session.
Hope this helps a little, basically like having a eye test i think. should not be any need to worry, unless you are like any worry about everything.
I am worried it might rain tomorrow :slight_smile:

Take care, bless you and a hug from me.