Emptiness

26th June, I walked out of a hospital room with our two daughters, leaving behind my beautiful wife of 46 years and their much loved mum.
I’ll guess many people here will understand when I say “we’ve been busy” … it’s what you do; staying busy doing stuff that no one would ever want to do.
It’s now that I’ve done with being busy that I miss her the most. I’m trying to accept reality, I know I’ll never see her again, but… she’s in a song, she still walks with me and the dog, she comes to me when I least expect her. I wish loving her forever wasn’t so painful.
I have support from friends and family who would always be here if I call. One of the last things she said to me was, “ don’t become the weeping widow”, she wanted me to chase our dreams and live a life… I’ll try but maybe that’ll be for another day… I love you Mrs A, I thank you for 46 wonderful years x

12 Likes

Understand your feelings completely, 11 months since Joan,my wife of 40 odd years went for a bath and died.I go to the grave,where I put her ashes along with her mum and sister,most days trying to find some connection with her,I’m not religious but believe that there could be some spiritual meaning to be found,or is this just wishful thinking?
I’m just surviving these days,not eating or sleeping properly,hoping things improve,no wife no life.
I hope that things improve for you.

7 Likes

with you on that, my mum passed :broken_heart: 8 weeks ago, empty, want to hibernate, im existing.

2 Likes

I’m with you on the emptiness my wife passed on the 7th of December and I’m not sleeping or eating properly, I feel empty and alone, it’s like a massive void in my life. I do not know why my wife died either and this makes it even harder not knowing why or how? We had her funeral last week and it really hit me hard I feel broken and don’t don’t understand why she is not here anymore. It’s a real struggle to get through everyday without my thoughts running wild. I have our 9 year old daughter to care for and she is what gets me out of bed in the morning

3 Likes