End of life

Hi.
I lost both my sisters within 11 months of each other and have received a call today to say my brother in law is at end of life care.
I went to visit him after work today,he was unconscious but looked so peaceful.
I came away feeling so angry and frustrated that i have no control in this situation and am unable to reverse the inevitable result.
Its not fair and to see him laying there so helpless is just too painful.

2 Likes

Hello @claire60,

I’m so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. It sounds like you have already experienced so much loss in your life, and now you are losing your brother-in-law, you’re finding it so painful.

You may already be familiar with our terminal illness support pages, but if not, you can read them here. It will walk you through what to expect at the end of life, and how to cope as a carer. Marie Curie also has a support line that you can call on 0800 090 2309.

I’m sure someone will be along to share their support, but I just wanted to share those resources with you. Take care and keep reaching out - you are not alone.

Seaneen

Sadly he passed away at 19.20 this evening…
I was able to leave work 2 hr early as i had accrued toil so used that prescious time .just a shame i had to deal with my colleagues bad attitude when i said i was leaving after gaining my line managers approval .
Thank you for you r support

1 Like

Sorry for your loss

All you can hope is it is a pain free transition once you’ve reached end of life
His was relatively short and hopefully peaceful, within realms of end of life