End of my tether

I lost my husband 14 months ago he left me to raise our then 4 year old son alone. And i mean completely alone i have no family near by most friends have just disappeared from our lives. The loss hit us both hard but i hoped by now things would be getting better but if anything they are getting worse. Our son is now 5 almost six and on the verge of getting expelled from school. He bacame disruptive and even violent they reduced his hours to 2 hours a day which means I cant work, I cant go anywhere or do anything. I had to stop therapy because I dont have the time betweendrop off and pick up. And right now I feel like I’m the worst Mum in the world because I can’t help him and I can’t help myself. I feel like I’m sinking and nobody wants to help.

Hello @Lostintheeither

I’m so sorry to hear about you losing your husband last year. It sounds as though things are very difficult for you at the moment, especially as you feel as though your situation is getting worse rather than better.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share these links with you to see if any of them might be useful tools help you with your grief at a quiet time that suits you, rather than having to keep to a therapy appointment, for example.

You might already be familiar with our other Online Bereavement Support services, but if not our Grief Guide self-help tools and Grief Coach text support service are both accessible through this link and I think they could be useful options for you to get some more support.

Another good place to get specific support for parents is Family Lives. They have a helpline, online chat or email advice service which you might find helpful.

Take care and keep reaching out here on the community as well,

Lizzie
Sue Ryder

1 Like

@Lostintheeither I am so sorry for your situation. I’m in the same boat as to things getting worse, it’s been just over a year after loosing my partner; I’m off from work because my health seems to be failing me (having a heart monitor fitted on Friday), my mind is in despair & I can’t see a way out of it! Like you I only really have my Mother who’s got mental health problems herself so can’t really see anything to live for. I’m 47 yrs old & the thought of many years to come petrifies me!
My heart really goes out to you :heart::heart: