Estranged dad

Found out a couple of day’s ago that my dad has passed away. We wasn’t that close i knew he was ill and went to see him he looked awful it was cancer. We had a strained relationship going back many years since he walked out on us for someone else when i was a kid. Didnt think it would upset me but today i keep crying just been alot of hardship over the last few years
I lost my stepdad in 2009 my husband in 2021 my sister in law 2022 and best friend in 2023 now my dad in 2024. So much sadness :pensive:

1 Like

Hi @Misprint,

I’m so sorry to hear about your Dad.

Understandably it sounds as though you’re feeling sad, no matter the relationship you had with him. You’ve also experienced other hardships too in such a short space of time.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share these links with you to help you with your grief.

You might already be familiar with our other Online Bereavement Support services, but if not, you can find out more about our Online Counselling service, our Grief Coach text support service, and our Grief Guide self-help tools by visiting the link.

Take care - keep reaching out,
Becca :blue_heart:
Online Community Team