Even in death...

I was pondering as I was sitting on the side of the bed before getting into it and having a last cry whilst I was thinking that " even after death I bet my Richard is still concerned over me, on how I will cope without him."…Pondering that this would have been me when getting ready in the evening to go to one of my 2 MS Society monthly’s that whilst he was getting ready or having a quick wash and shave my MS body always started to play up when I was putting my sandals or boots on, I could never get my ear rings in often abandoning them and just the effort of dressing making myself look decent would always take it toll and mess up my body…Richard would already have collected my rollator and put it outside the back door, I would do a last check to make sure I have everything I need inside it before we made our way out the back to the car, he would carry the rollator up those set of concrete steps…All this has now come to an end…They might have made arrangements for someone to come pick me up when the next meeting is due but going it alone is going to really affect me…Of course only 1 of the 2 MS socials I will now attend as the second one was in our next County Somerset 31 miles away, this will be one I will miss as the atmosphere was more jolly…

Jackie…

The Somerset MS Social Richard made sure I was inside safely then he would go to a local restaurant and have either a steak or a fish meal, he was always regular and on time to come back t o collect me…It doesn’t seem that long ago when for the first time ( I had only been a member of the Somerset branch one year ) he was sitting alongside of me although he did look ill, he s-we still very much enjoyed ourselves at their Christmas meal evening held at a local to them golf club, although I member Richard telling me which was strange for him, that he couldn’t remember it was a golf club we drove to that had held it that day…Little did I realise it at the time, that at the end of this year he wont be here to repeat another MS Christmas lunch with either of them, my Somerset nor Dorset branches…This was our last Christmas together, I even got a Christmas tree in as I remember saying in-case this is our last Christmas together, well it was just something I had said that came out of the blue…

Jackie…