Fall out from being executor

Has anyone else had problems being an executor? I had no idea how horrible this could be. I lost a dear friend who i would have done anything for and am executor with a sibling. The stress it has added to my already overpowering grief has been extreme. I would be very reluctant to do this again.

Hello @Frankie59 ,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. Thank you for sharing this with us. I’m just giving your thread a gentle, “bump” for you - hopefully someone will have some thoughts to share.

Take good care,
Alex

1 Like

@Frankie59
I was an executor for my dad, then my mum and finally my husband. The process was stressful but they all left wills so I felt that it was my final practical act for them by sorting things out according to their wishes. It was my honour to be able to do it for them, knowing they trusted me enough to know I would do my best. My brother was also executor for my mum and dad, but he renounced responsibility for our dad’s will by signing it all over to me. I guess a lot depends on how any other executors work with you.

I suppose if everyone agrees as you would expect its ok. In this case i was left to do all the work but the sibling seems to think there must be more money somewhere. Its 18 months on now and still not settled. It makes the pain of loss so much harder to bear especially as if i had a problem like this before the friend i lost would be the person i would go to for advice :sob: i am sure they have their own struggles but wont discuss