Fallen apart

I lost my brother through suicide and I thought I was doing ok and went back to work. We recently had a family celebration and I’ve just fallen apart. I’ve had to take time off work, I feel lost, guilty and it feels like I’ve taken so many steps backwards. People are saying it’s because I’ve been supporting others and not really processing my thoughts and feelings. It’s actually making me consider if I’m up to doing my job because I can’t focus.
Has anyone else experienced anything similar, feeling like you’ve gone backwards in your grieving process?

3 Likes

Hi @Bev221,

I’m so sorry to hear about your brother and how you’re feeling. It sounds as though things are very tough right now and you’re experiencing ups and downs, which is completely normal.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

• Our Grief Guide self-help platform which has information, resources and advice to help you through your grief

You may also find our information about returning to work after a bereavement helpful.

Another good place for support is Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide - https://uk-sobs.org.uk/ or you can call their national support line at 0300 111 5065.

Take care and please keep reaching out,

Kate
(Online Bereavement Community team)

1 Like

No i havent experienced belated grief but i know of people who said the same that they been supporting other people and so weren’t able to grieve properly … that must be so tough losing your brother like that ? How sad. We all have a lot of sad stories on here as we all experienced a painful loss. Keep sharing your thoughts. Xxx

1 Like