Family members

In the last 23 months I have lost 5 family members
Mum 06 May 2022 age 81 on what would have been my Dad’s 91st Birthday (cancer)
Brother in law 18 December 2022 age 62 (cancer)
Great Niece 20 April 2023 age 22 (epileptic fit)
Brother 24 October 2023 age 59 (sudden heart attack)
Sister in law 18 April 2024 age 81 (Sepsis)
Also from February 2023 my husband was very ill with Sepsis and nearly passed 3 times and although still not well he is very slowly getting better
We moved from Wales to Devon September 2023 to be nearer family for support for each other which was very stressful
I just can’t accept all that has happened and I’m really struggling with Stress and anxiety especially over my Brother and Great Niece as their passing was really sudden and totally unexpected
I lost my Dad 24 October 2007 age 75 (dementia)
Sister 30 August 2014 age 52 (Cancer)
Another one I struggle with although nearly 10 years ago and not sudden
I also now have a Brother in law with stage 4 neck cancer diagnosed December 2023 and currently having Chemo and Radiotherapy
It just seems to have been one thing after another and I’m just finding it so hard to cope with looking after my husband, looking after my widowed Sister and also supporting my youngest Sister with her husbands diagnosis
With that and the cost of living as it is at the moment I feel as though I have just crashed and burned but cannot cry as I feel if I did I would never stop so don’t release everything. I just want to go into the woods and scream at the top of my voice
At the moment I don’t see the point in anything as I’m not in good health myself and just have no energy and turn down every invitation
I know there will be people worse off than myself but I just can’t snap out of this and just feel weighed down with grief and sadness :cry:

Hello @Midasmaid ,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for all of the losses that brings you here. How devastating this is for you and your family.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex