Family

Hello.
I have not been on here for a while.
I lost my Darling wife to Metastatic Breast Cancer that had spread to the bones and later to the liver she was 50 years old just over 3 years ago.
We had a 14 year old Daughter who is now 17
Who has dealt with things her own way which I respect and am very proud of her.
I lost my Dad 12 hours later & now my Mum has been palliative care for about a year now & about a week ago she was put on a syringe driver which she would not settle & it is heartbreaking :broken_heart: to see her like this & I have been down & still on the grief road but it got easier.
But with my mum coming to the end of her life every thing has come flooding back.
I have a physically disabled sister & who has been with my mum probably neary every day for the past 57 years.
So I am desperately trying to get more care for her.
I will never leave my sister alone but there are only cirtain things I can do ref her personal care x

1 Like

Hi @Geoffs ,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Alex

Hello, you’ve really been through it but your surviving, it’s a credit to you that you are looking out for your sister, has she got a social worker? If so they should help with a placement where she can have all her care needs met, try and remember how proud your parents are that even though you’ve been grieving your still thinking of your sister

Unfortunately my sister does not have social worker.
I have emailed Adult services disabled department & told them we are now in crisis.
As my Darling Mum lost her battle in the early hours of this morning.
It is like a big hole in our already broken hearts.
We have some hard times ahead of us xx​:broken_heart::cry: I just can’t believe my Darling Mum has gone :broken_heart::cry:
I could pick up the phone & call her. I can’t do that anymore.
I realise Mum was poorly, but it is just starting to really hit me that Mum is not there any more.:sob::sob:.

1 Like