Father marrying someone after death of mother 15 months ago

I agree, a meetup or support group locally can really help. Take care.

Hi ,
So sorry to read your post and I am usually a positive person but come on. It hasn’t been that long. If it were me I would be furious. So sorry if I offend anyone but that’s what I would be feeling.
Deborah x

1 Like

@seychelles it’s so hard, the family has been torn apart by his actions and lack of taking accountability for how he’s hurt us. His words and actions are not ok … No idea how to approach this matter now. He just does what he wants and doesn’t think how it will affect his children. My mother was the glue that held us together and I wish I told her that more when she was here :pensive: just broken inside

I am sorry to again reply, but you know I use the exact same words, my mom was the glue that was holding us together and this sudden isolation creates a hole in your chest and creates extreme anxiety and breaks you. Plus if you do not have anyone else in your life it is even more difficult. Now I don’t eat at times and sleep properly, doesn’t have any idea how to overcome it, thought dad might support assuming how difficult it is but he is enjoying his life it seems. I am the one alone on my bed thinking if mom was here and she would have sat beside and helped me to overcome a difficult situation or atleast her words would have. Till mom was here, I felt I had a family and now it is completely torn

1 Like

@Varun this is exactly how I feel!

It’s so difficult to overcome something like this when it seems as thought the other parent is living their life, getting married again and not showing that they’re thinking of their children! My mum would never ever want this, to be treated this way, we were her everything. My dad is very out of touch with emotions and I do not think he knows how to talk to us, convey his feelings and is just holding on to what he can do he doesn’t have to deal with it… Damaging relationships with his children, but he doesn’t seem to care. Saying that he doesn’t have to care what we think, and his life doesn’t involve us! Like… Did you just stop being a father then, and just go on as if you do not have children? I also wonder what this new ladies intentions are, considering she fiest didn’t want to even get married… Now sudden they’re engaged.

Can you remind me when you mum passed away? Is your dad open to talking about it?

Some People don’t want to talk about it and their emotions, which makes it so much harder when all you want to do is talk about her, so she’s present, still in our lives and when you say it out loud to someone, it makes her more physical. That’s what I find hard… Which is where talking to my mum’s breath friends helps, as we always talk about my mum… I absolutely love it, I adore it, makes me feel so much better after. She knows them when they were all teenagers growing up, so it’s a lovely link to her.

Do you have a journal? I find writing to get in mine, and crying, letting it all out helps me! I angry scribble all over it sometimes!! Just feels better.
It doesn’t get easier, it hasn’t for me yet… But the way I manage it gets easier… I hope you find an outlet to enable this to happen for you. I will sit and stear at her picture and cry and cry and then when I’m exhausted, I feel better, which is odd to say