Fathers Day - Remembering Dad

So, I was able to pop in to my local Tesco this morning for some essentials. One way systems are fun huh?
I caught myself in the middle of an aisle staring at the fathers day cards and gifts, no idea how long I was stood there :cold_sweat: anyway, it made me wonder… what can I do this fathers day to remember my dad.
He passed away suddenly in March, he was living in spain with his partner at the time, unfortunately, thanks to this virus, we weren’t able to fly over to say our goodbyes, he was cremated and as yet we still haven’t been able to have his ashes- he’s still in spain- so we dont even have somewhere to visit (graveside etc)
Any and all ideas would be greatly welcomed :blue_heart:

Dear Alliecal,
Your post brought back memories for me of the first Father’s day after my dad died. Seeing the cards in the shops hit me like hammer and made me feel so sad. Days like that are always difficult, but in a way they can also be helpful because they give us an opportunity to remember them and to cherish all the good memories we have. My sisters and I usually post something on our Facebook pages. This year I would like to make a collage of pictures. I am sure there are others on this site who can share with you what they do on Father’s Day. I am sure you will find something that s right for you.Your loss is so recent, and the circumstances very difficult. My thought are with you.
Jo

1 Like

Hi Jo,
It hit me too, I hadn’t thought about it before then, I think the day had just slipped my mind. Now I’m racking my brain wondering what I can do. I had my first birthday without him back in April, I ended up going through old messages from him and found one that he sent me on my birthday, it crushed me and I spent the day crying. I want fathers day to be a celebration of him as hard as it will be. I think we need it as much as he deserves it. Be it in the form of a personalised gift or otherwise.
Sending you my thoughts too and hope your day is gentle on you
X

1 Like