Feel alone in my greif

I lost my dad suddenly last may we had a complex relationship however dod love each other however he let me down time & time again & I allowed this to be done to me however I think he saw me as a but weaker than my other sisters who had told him.point blank they didn’t want anything to do with him, so it was me who picked up the pieces all the time he was a heavy drinker who ended up very ill, then had no help so I dod everything then he dropped me again when he was better this is a pattern all my life I just want it out instead of me I want it gone all the sadness & regret & hurt

Dear @ALISONP1970

Welcome to the Community and thank you for sharing what must have been a difficult post to write. I am sorry for your loss.

It is helpful to write and get your feelings out there rather than bottle them up. Have you considered any Counselling to manage with your sadness, regret and hurt? You can be referred for Counselling through your GP.

Sue Ryder here have information and support on bereavement counselling which may be of support and help to you.

If you need further information please email online.community@sueryder.org.

Please continue to reach out and take care of yourself.

Pepsi

1 Like

Hi , I think you did the right thing joining this forum and hopefully reading the messages will provide some comfort . I lost my mum to pancreatic cancer last Nov i know my situation is very different to yours but i know how it feels to look after someone who just drops you when they feel better it’s a horrible feeling of being used and treat like dirt .

But please do not be hard on yourself reading what you wrote it sounds to me like you are a very kind and caring person and that is not a weakness .

I hope this might help a bit take care of yourself xx

2 Likes

Thank you xx