Feel dead too

My husband died on New Years Eve, from cancer. Because of Covid he stayed at home, we were so lucky to have 9 weeks together, it was so hard looking after him but we did it, he died in my arms nearly peacefully. But now I have nothing left, so tired and empty. I miss him so much, my beautiful man.

1 Like

Hello Samual.

I am so sorry to hear of the very recent loss of your Husband. I cannot even begin to know how you are feeling tonight, but I am so glad you have reached out on here.

Our lovely members, all of which have experienced a loss too, will be able to offer words of comfort and support.

Please know we are here for you. Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

Another good place to get support is Cruse Bereavement. They offer a helpline, email support, and counselling and support groups through their local services: 0808 808 1677, helpline@cruse.org.uk, http://www.cruse.org.uk/bereavement-services.

Take care,
Audrey,
Online Community Team.

Dear Samual, I’m so sorry for your loss really sad for you, I too lost my husband at home he battled cancer too. I can imagine how you feeling because everyone on here is in the same boat, we are all grieving, it’s very brave of you to reach out as you did. Just take minute by minute and just give into the emotion of it all. Take care and carry on posting, it really helps. Hugs Margarita

1 Like

Thank you.x

Dear Samuel,
How courageous of you to care for your husband at home and how wonderful that you were able to hold him as he died. This is such a precious thing but now you are in shock so everything is jumbled in your mind, ragbag of grief, disbelief, alternating numbness and pain.
People tell me to remember the good times, which doesn’t help at all. There were no bad times and recollection of events, special or not, causes a tidal wave of sorrow for me. It may be different for you as we all grieve uniquely.
At the moment you feel that you are the only one in the world hurting as you do and you are right but remember that we, on this site, are here to support one another as we claw our way through this unwanted, uncharted territory.
May God bless you and give you moments of peace.

1 Like

@SAMUAL You have come to the right place… Im so so sorry for your loss, its so very hard. You will find people on here that have lost, days ago, weeks ago, months and years ago and it will help you in the long term. There are days, having lost my husband, who also died in my arms 8.5 weeks ago after a very short and shocking cancer diagnosis - 13 days to be precise, when, I can not face others grief and there are days when I can make sense of it to a point and read up and share. I hope you have lots of people around you are they are comforting to you. Lots of love, keep posting and in time you will find the site a great source of comfort x

With love @Cinders

Hi there I know exactly how you are feeling I lost my husband last September he also died in my arms I wish I could make you feel better but I know that is not possible I think we have to get by the best we can one day at a time remember you are not alone we are all here for you x

Hi Samual
So sorry you have lost your husband. Unfortunately there is nothing that can take the pain and the feeling of emptiness.

Please, try to sleep or rest,(you would need your strength for the following events sorting out paper work), drink and eat, talking with friend of family might help you.
Talk to Samaritans they are there always willing to hear whatever you want to say.
Here you would find support so keep posting or if you want you always can send ne a message.
Hugs xx

I lost my husband on Christmas Eve 2020. He died suddenly in my arms at home. A large part of me died that night, I don’t know who I am without him, even the simplest tasks are challenging, I walk around in a daze, alone, empty and numb. Nothing makes any sense anymore.

So sorry @KazzaT20 x Sending
all my love a good wishes x x I am so sad, we are all so sad x

1 Like

Lost my husband 26-12-2020.stage 4 cancer.horrible 2 watch him suffering.feeling alone.sad.no one 2 turn 2.keep talking on here x

KazzaT20
Askitcat2021.

I i am so sorry you have lost yours husband and around those days is even harder.
For all of us was hard the Christmas season …
I sending you love and hugs. You are not alone keep posting.

Xxx

1 Like