Feel like Giving up

18 weeks since i lost my wife Lou ,ive had my ups and downs ,But today Grief hit me full force, and it is the first time I felt like giving up, im tired warn out fed up I hate my life

3 Likes

Hi @bussteve1,

I’m so sorry to hear about your wife Lou. It sounds as though things are very tough and you are feeling really tired and fed up.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. We know that a lot of people experience suicidal thoughts during their grief journey. We have a video about it here which you might find helpful:

https://griefguide.sueryder.org/support/suicide

There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• If these thoughts of suicide become overwhelming, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.
  • Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
  • Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text SHOUT to 85258 and talk to them about anything.
  • You can also find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline .
    Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

You deserve care and support so please, @bussteve1, get in touch with one of these services.

Take care,

Alex

Hi bussteve1
It’s such a difficult time, now made worse if thats possible by the weather and time of year
I’m just taking everything a day at a time now, keep talking about your feelings, that will help.
Sending a hug x

Dee 101
Thank you ,But as much as you battle it, Think you are doing ok and the right thing The Grief decides to put you back to square one, I have Never felt so Low or Alone
steve

2 Likes

Dear @bussteve1
Agree it comes in waves, the better, and starting to cope days do get more frequent.
That lonely feeling is soul destroying, know your with like minded friends on here.

Thinking of you Steve, take care x