Feel like I'm drowning in grief

@Geoffs yes not being able to get their opinion is one of the worst aspects. I used to talk over Rene sometimes as I used to have my own opinion but now all I want is his. I don’t have an opinion and really need him to help me, I don’t have energy for thinking.

@Zico I’m glad you found the funeral as lovely as they can be, My René’s funeral was my “best” day after he died as it made me feel the closest to him of all the other days. For me it didn’t give closure and I found the days following the funeral harder than before but we are all different so I hope it isn’t like that for you (but if it is then you are not alone).

Take care of yourself and don’t try to do too much at once (bad advice from me as that is exactly what I did and still do now but if you can, just try to look after yourself as if you were looking after Pete or he was looking after you, do something to feel a bit comforted if you can instead of keep trying to fix the unfixable). Stuff I thought was imperative for me to solve in the first week still lies unsolved 10 weeks later and with no more real adverse effect in my overall crappy new life than it did then. All the best x

1 Like

Just bin given biggest bomb shell ever the day of the funeral my daughter took a phone call from the hospital they wanted to speek to me just as the hurst arrived & I could nearly get out of the front door, thy said thy would ring bk tomorrow which thy did turns out a new night mare thy were negligent & his brain bleed was spotted after he died by a second doctor & had he had an opperation that day he would have survived how do I now deal with that ??? She said thy said they had had this news since b4 Christmas but didn’t tell me as didn’t want to spoil my Christmas :flushed:how could thy have possibly spoilt Christmas !!!

I am so sorry for that bad news I realise it won’t bring him back but you need to put a official complaint in against the Doctor we put our trust in them to help us not to do thins wrong.
My wife was back & forth do the Gp probably once every week probably over 2 years with pain throughout her body & she was told there was nothing wrong with her it was all in her head then the pain got so bad she got herself admitted to hospital by calling a Ambulance.
3 days later we were told Tanya my wife had multiple fractures on her ribs & she had Metastatic Breast Cancer that had spread to the bones & later the liver.
If the gp had sent her for more tests she just might still be with us.
I put a official complaint in about the Gp I promised Tanya that I would the trouble is he told me it was not him & he never said Tanya was imaging it even though I heard him say it but it was my word against his.
It would not have brought Tanya back but it would hope to not let it happen to anybody else & for no one to go through what my Daughter & myself are going through as it feels like a nightmare that you can’t wake up from
Take care & stay Safe.

Thankyou, & omg sounds terrible for u Iv heard so many story’s the same as yours my friend told me same thing happend to his mother in law told she had a water infection in actual fact it was cancer & same by the time she was told by another gp it was terminal & to l8 thy tried to go down the official route to be told thr files had bin misplaced so thy gave up in the end it’s disgusting me on the the other hand the liaison officer dealing with this contacted me & is dealing with this for me she has already started a report of which will take 3 months thn I have to decide wot to do thn with that report what ever I decide the hospital have to acknowledge that thy are in the wrong I have to do this for my Pete as he’s not here to do it for himself someone has to be held accountable for what thy missed which would have saved his life I feel our chats do help as we’re going through so much grief together thort about some counselling tday I have got a number now to ring whn I feel ready to do it sending hugs take care x

I have had & still have counselling the first one is always hard as you have all the emotions built up that need to surface.
I have a lot of guilt I feel I could not help Tanya like take her pain away as she was Epileptic as well & I helped with that by making Tanya take her medication on time which helped keep the fits down to about 3 or 4 a month compared yo about 7 sometimes.
I got told on the telephone out side the Hospital that Tanya had weeks to live as they would not let me in because of Covid I want to really hurt the gp but it is his word against mine.
Tanya was diagnosed in Aug 19 & passed away at a hospice on July the 20 last year Tanya wanted to come home as she went into hospital the last week that is when it took over her Liver & she went jaundice.
I gave up my Job to look after her that is how much I loved her.
She came home on the Friday & deteriorated quick I was with her 24 hrs as we got a bed downstairs for her I was taking her to the toilet & on the Sunday night she was so weak she fell over & I could not get any medication into her any pain killer.
She went to a hospice on the Monday which was the hardest thing I had to do & she passed away on Monday night with me with her & that I can’t get out of my head when I saw the person that I loved & Amy’s mum take her last breaths & pass away.
I know it is hard but that doctor who did not see that your partner had something life threatening wrong with them needs to be sorted.
Take care x💔

1 Like