Feel like screaming

The middle of the night and I can’t sleep my thoughts are running wild and it’s just been one of those day I came home from work and felt lost and alone some days are better than others this one has been a particular bad day. Just how much of this is there that we have to take on this road before it gets better I am hopeing tomorrow is going to be better I have to live in the hope as what is left I’m in the rapids of the river again being tost around trying to swim to carmer waters but right now it feels impossible to reach. I no were I want to be I don’t know how to get there or if I ever will. I do know we have to keep hopeing that tomorrow will be better God bless sleep well all off you that can

Hello, it is so sad to read you had a really bad day. It must be very difficult living alone without your wonderful husband, and with no family nearby. You are definitely correct, we have to keep hoping, two weeks ago I had a really bad week where I was taking diazepam, last week was thankfully better where I only took it once, sometimes when things are at their bleakest they can improve, if only by a bit, I really hope tomorrow is a better day for you and that you are able to get some good rest tonight. Take care.

1 Like

Hi, CJ13, You are not alone in this believe me. The symptoms you describe are very common in grief. Especially in the early stages. It feels like swimming upstream. Thrashing out but seemingly getting nowhere. We can’t ignore the fact it is a hard and painful road we are on. Oh yes, you will get there, we all do somehow, but grief requires a lot of patience and time.
As you know, everyone does it in their own way. Go ahead and scream. Provided no one hears you so what? It’s all about expressing emotions.
It may not be tomorrow or even next week, but some easing will come.
Take care and be kind to yourself. John.

1 Like

I know how you feel xx
I too often lay awake at night as cannot sleep or i will be dreaming about my partner and wake suddenly xx

1 Like