Feeling alone but I am not yet

My husband Steve (of 20 years) was diagnosed with stage 3 bowel cancer in Jul 21 but we
found out in Dec 21 that it has spread to his spine and pelvis, so we are now into palliative care. I feel so cheated of our future, I am so angry that I did not do more to help him and just wish I could be stronger for him. He is in so much pain and his meds are making him a bit zoned out…so part of me feels as though I have lost my strong, independent amazing husband already and I feel guilt about this too. I want to make the most of the time we have left together but just don’t know how?

Thank you so much for your message. We have a fantastic wrap around team of support (hospice & mcmillan) which have been truly fantastic. Each day we have is a blessing and I just want to make them count, so thank you for your advice.

1 Like

I lost my mum to bowel cancer just before Christmas. Like your husband mums cancer spread quickly. Just enjoy your time you have together and make sure you get support I wasn’t offered any xx

1 Like