Feeling angry and lost

Hi My name is Sue. 5 weeks ago the worst thing happened my husband suffered a massive cardiac arrest at home he was put on life support on Friday and on Monday we made the heartbreaking decision to stop it as he had catastrophic brain injury due to oxygen starvation. I feel angry at him for leaving me on my own (I have no family of my own). I cry all the time and wonder will the pain and ache ever leave. My Husbands sister has been my rock but she works and can’t be with me all the time. I feel so lost do I ask my GP for help I don’t sleep well and if I didn’t have Bertie my dog I don’t think I’d get out of bed.

6 Likes

Sleeping seems to help I have done a lot myself this past year. I have just joined for the first time on anything like this and I am here for you anytime x

3 Likes

Hi Suzy
You have had a massive shock and will be traumatised for a while. Don’t be afraid of crying as it is a release and quite natural in the early days (and even the later ones). Quite honestly what can a GP do. There is no quick fix or magic pill for grief and it is something that we have to adjust to. I would concentrate on letting Bertie help you through this time. My dogs were my helpers and taking them for walks and having to care fo them really did help me. I have always said that they were my furry four legged therapists who made me function again.
Good luck

3 Likes

Hi Sue , im so sorry to hear the pain you are in. I lost my fiance 5 weeks ago. Very suddenly. He sadly tool his life. Like you im struggling and i have our beautiful whippet to keep me compsny but the world feels different . I feel so isolated and no idea how to cope. Please message me anytime if youd like to talk. Privately if you want to. Sending love .

3 Likes

@Suzy17 @Lindsey26
I am so very sorry and am sending you big hugs, as you need them.
You will get lots of good advice and support on here as sadly we are all walking that same awful path that we didn’t ask or want to be on.
Take each day one at a time and cry whenever you want to. It’s been almost five months for me and I have cried for most of today. It does get a little less painful as the days go by. Be kind to yourself and don’t think too far ahead, just day by day.
Strength and love to you xx

1 Like

Thankyou so much. I am so sorry for your loss and the pain you are going through , do you have much support around you? . Yes just taking things day by day. Routine is helping. Boring housework keeping me busy. Just feel my friends are getting fed up with my grief already. The phonecalls and texts are stopping. Feel very alone. Im just keeping Darrens love inside me to keep me strong and i have 2 wonderful sons. My 20 year old has been by my side for 6 weeks. Sending hugs to you xx

2 Likes

Thank you.
I am very lucky as I have lots of support from my sisters , neighbours and friends. Some days even with all of the lovely people around me it still doesn’t help. The days are long and hard and all I want is my old life back again.
I am sorry to hear that your friends are not being as supportive as they maybe should. I think that a lot of people don’t understand the grief and the pain and assume that after a while we should be back to our old selves. At least you have your sons who sound like they are a great help and comfort to you.
There are some lovely people on this forum who will always be here for you.
Take care and sending love. xx

2 Likes