Feeling angry and pointless

My step mum died less than 3 months ago. No one seems to get how broken I am, they’re all just carrying on and I hate them for it. I’ve pushed nearly everyone away from me by being so angry. What’s the point in being here if all I feel and spread is sadness, anger and hatred?

Hello HGog,
I’m so sorry to hear that your step mum died so recently and that you’re feeling broken and so angry. Anger is a very normal reaction to a bereavement and you’ll notice that many people in this community talk about feeling this way. It can be a difficult emotion to cope with and it sounds as thought it’s causing you to isolate yourself - is that right?

There’s a website called What’s Your Grief that’s often linked to and they have a useful article about the different types of anger in grief and what you can do to cope with anger, which may be worth a read through: https://whatsyourgrief.com/all-about-anger/

This is a safe and supportive place for you to share what you’re going through, so please do keep talking to us and if you need to rant or get things of your chest then go ahead. We’ll be here to listen.

Take care
Eleanor