Feeling cheated

Its been almost 2 years since I lost my dad to cancer. Unsure if anyone else gets this but in the time since he has been gone I have had 2 achievements I thought I would never manage to do and instead of feeling accomplishment once they were completed I have felt nothing but total sadness and emptiness. I feel cheated that he never got to see me straighten my life out and feel cheated. Its made me feel like what is the point? I feel as low tonight as I have ever felt, I know my family doesn’t know whats up and I feel like they wouldn’t understand. Biggest laugh is my father wouldn’t have gave me a pat on the back or anything, nor would I want it or expect it but itd have felt good for him to see things were finally alright. Sorry probably ranting.

2 Likes

Dear @Stuart1982

Apologies for the delay in replying. No need to apologise for ranting. This forum is all about sharing how we feel.

I fully understand where you are coming from. My father passed away 17 years ago and I have accomplished a lot in those years and so have wanted my dad to have to seen it all even if he did not comment on them. Inwardly he would have been proud.

You do feel cheated but on a positive you have to think your dad would have been proud of what you have accomplished and you did it without him. You did it for you and saw it through.

Sometimes we just need someone to say 'well done, you have done it and can do it" and therefore I would chat to your family and let them know how you feel. They will understand I am sure. No matter how old we are or what we do in life we all like to know our parents are proud of what we have done with our lives.

Well done on straightening your life out. Continue with your achievements for you and your dad and please share them on here.

Take care.

Pepsi