feeling empty

just miss the sharing and caring for john.and he always loved and protected me

This is a very difficult time for you and all of us. But on this site you will find caring and understanding folk who are having the same trauma as you. It is a life trauma and is almost unbearable. But if you read the posts on here you will see so much courage and goodwill.
We share our grief and unload without fear of judgement or criticism.
How long since John died? Please come back and talk if you want. It does help to talk. Take care.

Hi. Yes recognise this…losing that one person who made you feel complete and protected, and who you in return loved and shared life with, is indescribably awful.
I read in one of many articles on grief I’ve found, that half of you has been torn away. …you are left with a gaping hole in your self. This writer continued to say that you need to fill, repair that hole with yourself…by slowly healing, becoming stronger, wiser, more able to face each hour, cherishing the good memories and keeping them close. I have found this useful as I walk this walk. Take support and help as needed…it does help. Helps us to build ourselves back up.
Annette x

1 Like

I too am having a fard morning an so far had three separate crying spells…For 20 years, or 18 years from the day i me and Richard moved in together in our new forever home, had everything taken care of by Richard, now not only with my PP-MS illness but all the parkhomes general upkeep-maintenance even a non stop dripping tap, or the thought of when one of the half dozen ceiling light bulbs need changing, i certainly cant get up on a chair to put thses fiddly tiny bulbs in, all this gives me fear…

Apologies for the duplication but i accidentally hit the button and it posted without warning…
I too am having a bad morning an so far had three separate crying spells…For 20 years, or 18 years from the day i me and Richard moved in together in our new forever home, had everything taken care of by Richard, now not only with my PP-MS illness but all the parkhomes general upkeep-maintenance even a non stop dripping tap, or the thought of when one of the half dozen ceiling light bulbs need changing, i certainly cant get up on a chair to put those fiddly tiny bulbs in that you have to hold with a piece of tissue paper because they are so delicate, all this gives me fear…I so took my Richard for granted, well he was just there, always just there…

Jackie…