Feeling gulity

I lost my dad in 1985 I was in a bad place at the time I didn’t get the help or support during the greaving process we weren’t very close as a family back then. I lost my mum 2 years ago April this year. At the time i didn’t think I needed to talk to anyone as we weren’t really close. I am now starting to realise that I need to talk I live with my partner it’s only since I had my 50th birthday and we are getting married in 2020 that I really miss them.

Hi Jenny68 and a warm welcome to our online community. You’ve certainly come to the right place to talk, as everyone here understands what you’re going through.

I’m sure some of our members will come along soon to offer you some support, but we do also offer a free online bereavement counselling service via video. You can find more information on this in the box down the right hand side of this page.

take care
Nancy

Thank u it’s really nice to know that I can finally talk about these things I was in care when I lost my dad and I never really got to say good bye to him and my mum and me were never that close as I was in and out of prison even when my son was born she really didn’t want much to do with me and when he was taken into care she didn’t want to know. I no I hurt my dad and mum and I really didn’t mean to but at the time I needed help and I eventually got it but still wasn’t able to talk to people abouy my mum and dad. I am struggling at the moment with all the feelings in side and I really miss them