Feeling like you have to hide your feelings

So I’ve kind of been hinding my feeling recently and pretending I’m okay to everyone who sees me on the outside but it’s so hard, I know most people don’t want to hear about a sad story and I keep getting told it gets easier and that’s all people really say.

I’ve never really had a feeling like this before but I’m absolutely heart broken.

I don’t feel like me anymore, I just feel pain and numb. I fake being happy to just make people think I’m happy but in reality it’s the most difficult think I’ve ever had to go through in my life.

When you just have the last memory of your grandma stuck in your head saying I don’t want to die and that you feel like you wish there was something you could have done.

Hi @Khristophergeorge,

I’m so sorry to hear about your Grandma. It sounds as though things are very difficult at the moment. It’s important to remember that grief is unique to each individual and how you are feeling is completely normal.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Take care - please do keep reaching out,

Becca
Online Community Team