Feeling lonely and lost

Well what a year, my FIL passed away suddenly in March 2021 as a family we were devastated. Then in November 2021 my amazing dad passed away after the bravest battle with a rare form of cancer. I then had to make the decision to put our family dog to sleep New Year’s Eve. Just when I thought I was about to get off the most awful rollercoaster I found I was going through the menopause at the age of 40, I’m not feeling particular well with it either. My mum has just been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, and is now under going tests for bowel cancer. Im working full time, have a young child, my husband is not coping with the death of his father. I just feel so lost and lonely, I have no emotional support around me, I’m struggling to keep all the plates spinning. I feel like I have lost my dad and my mum in the last 12 months. My mum is more like my child now which is just awful to say. My marriage is non existent and I’m trying to keep a brave face on for my son. I just don’t know what to do for the best….

1 Like

Sending you lots of love and hope you soon realise that you don’t have to keep all the plates spinning. Put a plate down even for 5 minutes but please don’t carry all the grief alone. Would your employer be agreeable to time off? Give yourself space to breathe and self care. Kind thoughts for you and your family.

1 Like

I’m so sorry @Autumn-2022 for all your losses and all you have to cope with now, equally losses in their own right.
Is there anyone you could talk to, to tell them how much of a struggle it is? Maybe your doctor would know of organisations that could help with care for your mum, and maybe some kind of bereavement counselling for both your partner and/or yourself? I’ve found it can help just to have someone able to listen to you.
Having lost my own dog last year, I know how you probably cannot bear the thought of having another in your family yet, but do you think maybe it would help you and your husband to talk about the possibility of having another dog at some stage in the future, perhaps giving a much needed home to a rescue? It might not be time yet, but maybe something to give you both something in common to look forward towards. Dogs are the best friends ever aren’t they? It sounds as though you could both benefit from a best friend at the moment. Sending you lots of love and hugs and hoping things will get better. xxx