Feeling lonely

Hey All,

Christmas is a tough time of year for me, I lost my mum when I was 19, I’m now 22 and I have no one around me who understands what it’s like to lose a parent young, my mum loved Christmas and she was basically Mrs clause!

I feel lonely as I have no one to talk to who understands the feelings I’m having.

Any advice on how to cope would be very appreciated x

1 Like

Hello,
I know this feeling all too well. I am 21, and my father passed away at the end of august five days before my senior year of college started. it’s been the most trying months of my life. I understand your feeling of loneliness in this time. I feel it as well. all I want to do is curl up in a ball and sulk in my own self pity. but that’s not what my dad would have wanted nor what your mom would have wanted. try and surround yourself with people that feel like the closest thing to home.

I wish you the best of the holidays. even though she’s not physically hear, listen to your heart. you said she was like santa clause with how much she enjoyed the holiday, maybe change the narrative and instead of thinking about how much you miss her and are sad, think about how this time of year is when you feel her presence the most.

4 Likes

Dear hollilousie,

I could give only console only but I am unable to say how to cope with the loss.

Because, I am also struggling with the loss of my parents one by one within a week during last May 2021.

Christmas is a festival comes once a year. But, Everyday is the festival if we live with the parents. We are not celebrating this. But, we could find that our sub-conscious mind enjoy the every day.

Christmas or any festival, gives a lot of pain with the absence of Mom. It will be a tough moment to pass this.

in india, Deepavali is the one of the big festival. This year that festival came last month. It was the toughest moment I had. I could not face that festival without the blessings of my parents. Last year I enjoyed the festival with them. But, this year they are not alive.

I am crying… crying… crying… I don’t believe that this will end till my life end.

I love my parents… So, I love your Mom too… I am here to give your a support.

Bye,
M. Karunakaran.

2 Likes

Awww I’m so sorry to read this, wow you are so young to have lost your mum, why is this world so cruel, I ready understand, I lost my mum a few months ago, im 33 and I’m so lost, alone, hurt, it’s so difficult especially at this time of year, like your mum my mum loved Christmas, I juts wanted to let you know I know how your feeling

2 Likes

I lost my mum nearly 3 weeks ago. How you feel is exactly how I feel I’m 30 and I’m still youngish to lose my mum. For me Christmas won’t be the same

2 Likes