Feeling lost & alone

I don’t know how to start…. I just feel like I don’t know who I am anymore. I don’t know how to be or who I am anymore. I feel very alone and unsupported. I feel sad all the time and don’t know how to live with the loss. When you’ve lost both your parents, and you’re alone, as in not married or partner, grown up children with busy lives, and I don’t know where I fit in in this world anymore. Mum died a year ago, after I nursed her for 6 months with pancreatic cancer, watched her fade away in front of me, but she wouldn’t talk about it, I had to carry on like normal right up till she took her last breath. I can’t imagine what she must have been thinking, she knew she was dying, but wouldn’t talk about it. My work seem to think I should be “okay” by now and don’t understand why I’m still deeply sad and grieving. I’m finding so hard to keep going when all I want to do is curl up and take myself away from everyone that doesn’t accept I’m hurting. How do you move on, how do you stop feeling completely devestated ?

2 Likes

Hello @Janine01 ,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your parents that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Bless you Janine you have gone through such a difficult time. I know what you mean about feeling alone and not knowing where you fit in. My sister has her man 2 grown up kids a granddaughter and another on the way. My brother has his wife and son and I don’t have anyone. My mum is left on her own but at least has dads dog. Mum doesn’t express emotion well and not the type to cuddle. It’s so difficult being alone with nobody to give you comfort and a hug when the tears won’t stop. I feel your pain as I feel my own xxx

2 Likes