Feeling lost without my mother

My mother passed away 6 weeks ago and I just can’t believe it . I feel so lost and alone and scared without her , I am so lucky to have a huge support network with my partner, family and friends yet I still feel so alone . I have been looking at this forum for weeks now and it’s so sad to see the pain everybody is going through or have been through and I just was hoping to get some kind of hope that I can live my life again one day as it doesn’t feel like it at the moment, I don’t know how to live without my mother . Thank you
Nikki

1 Like

Hi Nikki I understand your pain. My Mum (79) died last month after her heart valve operation went wrong. I also feel completely lost & alone. I was her carer for the last 20 years & lived with her all my life (I’m 46).

How can someone who was always there for me just cease to exist?! I’ve just about coped so far but think I’m still in denial. I dreamed about her last night and she looked normal & healthy. Woke up feeling happy then wham! Hit with the realisation she’s gone forever. I don’t know how to live without her. I’m still living with Dad (77) but it’s just not the same.

I can’t give you any advice but am sending hugs :heart: It’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to me and I’m really struggling to accept it.

1 Like

Thank you for replying to me. I am 42 and my mum was 67 , I feel robbed of more time with her, I know there are some people on here even younger that have lost parents and my heart breaks for them and everyone else going through it . My mum did have some health issues but her death was unexpected, she went into hospital on Monday night as she wasn’t feeling very well so we got her checked over by an ambulance crew , they said her observations were a bit odd so they wanted to take her just to be safe and do some tests , she was still lucid and chatty at this point in the hospital for a few days and the doctors said she was poorly but it wasn’t an end of life talk , just trying to figure out how to make her better, on the Wednesday they said she had pneumonia and it was putting pressure on her other organs, then on the Thursday she had a heart attack and didn’t really come back from that , she died on the Friday morning. We were all with her from the Wednesday to the Friday morning constantly until she passed , I keep reliving the whole time in the hospital and building up to it wondering if we could have/ should have done something different that might have saved her . I can imagine your shock must have been horrendous as you thought the surgery was going to help your mum , it’s just not something that’s easy to get our heads around is it! Sending a big hug to you

1 Like