Feeling Lost

Hi Poppy, I used to love colouring and doing crosswords, puzzles, but since Doug has gone I don’t seem to have the concentration or patience anymore. The same with watching TV I lose interest, my mind drifts off. Reading is the one thing I still do alot of and enjoy.
Like most of us I have good days and bad, sleep is my big issue at the moment. Since the first anniversary I seem to have hit the buffers, gone back to how it was in the first few months. I’ve given in, made a GP appointment, never needed them before, time to see what she suggests.
Music is my go to outlet, perhaps I should try meditation too.
This journey is not easy for any of us.
Debbie X

Hi Debbie sorry my names Yvonne I did stop doing puzzles for a while got fed up with them but just stared again as it’s been a year for me now and I had a meltdown last week I find it all so sad and still can’t get my head around it , do try meditation try mark williams on YouTube he’s good I try do one of his each day and try do a bit of running and exercise it’s all very hard don’t feel I belong in the real world anymore have you tried counselling it may help I went for a while x x we will all get there we have to xx

Hi Yvonne, I’ve looked on YouTube for Mark Williams and down loaded a couple of videos, I will give it a go. Don’t think my arthritic knees would stand up to jogging.
I think I’m at the point I will give councilling a try, seeing my GP tomorrow see what she says.
It hard isn’t it, just when you think your going forward, back to square one. Sad thing is we never had any choice to find ourselves in this position.
Take care, Debbie X

Hi Debbie good luck with the doctor tomorrow I think counselling will help you I understand about running and exercising making joints hurt just try simple things , so you have friends and family bro support you , but all the friends and family around you it’s still very lonely x x let me know how you get on tomorrow x

1 Like

Hi Yvonne, I will let you know X

Good luck I’m sure your be fine your aware of your situation and your doing something about it so that’s a good thing xx

1 Like

Hi Yvonne, my GP put me on antidepressants to help me sleep, and given me a link to talking therapies Northamptonshire for councilling. She wants to see me again in three weeks. I’ve registered just waiting to hear back.
She wanted me to sign off work but I said no, while I am not enjoying it like I used to, it keeps my mind occupied during the day. X X

That’s good Debbie you will start to feel a little better soon , maybe we will never feel the same again , I haven’t felt myself since my hubby died last March , and I agree your better if working I think your be worse stuck and home , I’m not liking work doing nice he pasted but I know it’s helping me xx take care of you x

1 Like

You hit the nail on the head Yvonne, nothing is ever going to be the same again. As much as we want to go back we can’t and just have to adapt to a different way.
I will be 66 next year so will be retiring, but already been asked about volunteering, so will have plenty to keep me occupied.
Take care, Debbie X

That’s really good it helps to keep busy I feel like I’m just drifting xxx

2 Likes