Feeling lost

Our beautiful son took his own life st home on the 26th August 2022. His dad found him in his room I have tried all the things people say to do . I have screamed sobbed yelled . He was the baby of the family . Incredibly intelligent . Popular . Loved . Gone . People seem to have moved on I’m retreating if anything it’s getting worse and some days I just want to be gone . I don’t believe in God ir have faith because how could God allow this much pain . My son was only 26 years old

4 Likes

Hello @Carmel1,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your son. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

I’m in tears because l share your pain for you & family. My daughter took her life aged 22 in March. She was a bright beautiful intelligent nurse. Now my life is empty & l cannot see myself ever recovering. I truly hope it helps but l can feel your absolute trauma :sleepy: sending you all my love

1 Like

Thank you . But I feel totally alone

Thank you for reaching out . The pain is beyond anything I ever imagined yet would suffer it a d more if it meant my son was here . I really do appreciate you reaching out because although my family is here I just feel destroyed lost broken . My son Darragh like your beautiful daughter was bright beautiful articulate popular loved . Gone . In the blink of an eye . People don’t want to talk about him . He’s all I think about . 24/7 . Sending you a virtual hug :people_hugging:

Hello Carmel, I have just seen your post and am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful and popular boy. It is absolutely devastating for you and your family - no words can describe the pain and the overwhelming feelings of grief. It’s as if nothing makes sense at all - the whole world carries on and we just can’t - it’s like we’re in a horrible twilight world with no colour or shape anymore. And yet we get up in the morning and somehow manage to muddle through each day the best we can.
I lost my 31 year old son Daniel to suicide on August 28th. He was found at home by his friend on 26th and rushed to hospital, never regaining consciousness. I think that as time goes on, it gets harder because the initial shock wears off and you’re faced with actually confronting it. I couldn’t open up about my feelings at all, at first - I just shut up like a clam and went into autopilot. My husband Dan died from cancer in December 2019 and Daniel never got over his father’s death. His mental health went into freefall from the beginning of last year and he tried to seek help, but it was too little, too late. How my heart aches for our boys Carmel. I just wanted to reach out to say that I am thinking about you and that you are not alone - we are on an almost identical timeline, trying to live our lives as our boys would want us to do - they never meant to hurt us. Sending love and hugs to you :heart: xxx

1 Like