Feeling lost

I lost my parents within 3 years of each other. My dad in 2018 and my mum in 2021. They were both not very well, but what happened was totally unexpected.
Dad went into hospital with issues swallowing, which turned into a major stroke, which was then revealed to be stage 4 cancer so advanced the doctors couldn’t tell where it had started. In the space of 10 weeks he went from being fairly close to his usual self to losing him, I had to watch this and the day he passed I was the one other than the doctor who confirmed he was gone. Sue Ryder made it bearable for a while by him being in their manorlands hospice for a while. That really helped.
Mum died suddenly of heart failure in 2021 very suddenly. She’d been struggling with her health and looking back I could see all the signs. Part of me wonders if I’d recognised it would she be here still?
It feels like the floor has dropped from under my feet and I don’t know what to do. I spent years caring for them and now I’m alone. I had to leave my home of 27 years as it was housing association and I’ve lost my support network, I’m struggling at work because of undiagnosed adhd and autism and just need help. Advice anything. I feel like I’m adrift at sea and sinking rapidly.

1 Like

Dear @Mageofmarkarth

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your parents. I see that you are new to the Community, I do hope it will be of support and comfort to you.

There is a blog on Losing a Parent which may be of help to you along with the following resources by Sue Ryder.

Please continue to reach out, you are not alone.

Take care.

Pepsi