Feeling lost

8 and half months has gone so fast . I still feel like it was yesterday that i was laid next to him telling him i am not ready for you to go we had loads of camping to do .
How the time goes so slow. Am missing him so much .
Its dont help that he whole family has disowned me .they got what they needed ! And dont ever talk to me now . Does the pain ever get easy … !!!

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss and for being so alone.
Have you not got any friends you could talk to or at least have a cup of tea with to pass some time. I’m afraid I don’t think the pain ever goes away but that we learn to live with it. But I’m fairly new to this so I may be so wrong.
I’m lucky to have the support of family and friends and I try to keep busy. But it still doesn’t help when I’m alone at night or first thing in the morning when I wake and realisation starts again.
You’ve done the right thing posting here, we’re all in the same boat and fully understand each other, and there’s always someone to talk to and listen it does help me and hopefully it’ll help you too

1 Like

Hi hun i do have one friend that has bren there for me from day he passed away in my arms . Its so hard because she also griefinv him with me . Inly thing thats kepts me staying is she just had a gorgeous baby girl . Which she found out she was pregnant few weeks after he died .
N thank you i think posting on here n reading others i know am not alone . Xx

Oh thats lovely a new life, something to cherish and help keep you busy.
I hope your journey gets easier soon

1 Like

Hi I am 2 years and 4 months in ( see how I count the months) at times it is unbearable but like Liro says it never goes away but we do learn to live with it, some days will be better than others and it will creep up on you quite unexpectedly as it did with me the other night. Like you his family don’t talk to me. This I find really strange as before Mother in law passed away me and my husband used to take it in turns to visit every week. Since she passed they never got in touch, when my husband passed I sent them a letter letting them know that their brother had passed away and left it to them whether they came to the funeral or not. They did come but quite frankly I don’t know why they bothered as his brother never spoke to me and his sister just a few words. His cousins were more friendlier. Still it’s their loss, I can live with it as I have my children and grandchildren. They say time is a great healer, I’ve yet to feel that. We have a good community on here and we can always find someone to talk to as we all have gone through this together.
Take care xxx

1 Like

Yep . His family was fine with me .then soon as funeral was gone they got weird with me and because i didn’t go running to them there was a big age gab between us but i was with him for 18 years !! . And they think i shouldn’t be going out . I feel guilty as it is having a laugh . Then go home to emptiness. .4 mths after i had car crash :frowning: then 6 mths from losing him i lost are cat fudge we had him from being 3 weeks old i had to put him to sleep its just been soo horrible … xx

You’ve been through a lot and I really feel for you. Why shouldn’t you go out, and even have fun. We know it’ll only last for a while and as soon as we’re on our own again the pain and loneliness will still be there. Please don’t let people make you feel you shouldnt be doing whatever you want to do, there is no right or wrong. You’ve got to live with your grief they haven’t

I no i know they are griefing him too .
But they waset there for the past 2 yrs when he was going down hill . They waset wver there for the 6 weeks he was in hospital. I literally drove myself where i was ill but i still went to see him . I turn to anger when i think of it .:frowning: but he was such a loving bloke . We both spoke of what he needed and wanted and for me to try and get on with life .:frowning: . Thank you for letting for rant away on here . Am sorry if its to long ! X

1 Like

@Totty2111
You rant as much as you want.
This is our safe space where we can say what we feel. We all understand, we are all going through the grief. We are all on the same awful journey, trying to make sense of it and trying to carry on.

2 Likes

I lost my husband early January this year,so i know how you are feeling right now. I do not think the pain goes away as i have found out ,When you feel down think of all the happy memories you shared together.You must take care of yourself now ,l know it is difficult but you are still grieving it takes time. So sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Thank you i have a mental health worker and he is brilliant. But i am going to grief counselling. In my local town . To talk about things .

The pain is unreal :broken_heart: . Its litter things that remind me he not here . I still go to ring him when iv done something or i got news for him . Instead italk to him because he is back home . He in his box with my dog x

Can these months get any worse . For few mths now . I been in pain . With my left breast :frowning: and today been to see my doctor and she felt a lump . When will i get a break :frowning: . Feeling so low in myself as it is . I hate to talk to ppl i tend to bottle things up which is not good for me . X

1 Like